Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z-170 HD3P
CPU
Intel i7-6700K
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 1070
Hi there :)

this is my first Hackintosh build and I'm super excited that it mostly worked out with no particular problems thanks to this amazing community :D
I have two SSD's with a Win10 and an El Capitan image and both work just fine. Now my problem is that I bought a GeForce 1070 card and as we know there's no drivers (yet? :/). So, because I still got an old 8800 GT lying around I thought I can try using this one for macOS and the 1070 for Windows. My question is now is that even possible and if how can I achieve it? I already read through many posts but couldn't find a similar setting.
My macOS usage is basically limited to programming and consuming videos so I don't need a lot of GPU power. But as it is now there is extreme lag and glitches whenever the GPU is in action (I suppose, because it happens with macOS UI animations and things like videos and different apps) and this turns using features and apps relying on the GPU into a pain in the a**.

Mainboard and CPU are:
- Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P
- Intel i7-6700K

Before trying out the 8800 GT I tried using the Intel Graphics but it didn't improve the lags and glitches :/

Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks in advance for taking the time to read and think about this problem!

Greets,
DeMuu

Status
Not open for further replies.