Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. iMac
  3. Power Mac
  4. PowerBook
  5. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
My hack is exhibiting SBBOD at every keyboard/mouse click after a series of incidents not worth relating (hopefully). Data is backed up, and I'm doing a clean install of 10.8.4 to my boot drive, an OWC 240GB SSD. 10.8.4 was already running successfully pre-problems.
I created a USB Unibeast install drive, and couldnt get the hack to boot from the USB drive (after F12-choose boot device, choosing USB-HDD per TonyMac instructions) unless I unplugged my boot drive, the SSD. (This is the drive I want to wipe and reinstall.)

Once I unplugged the drive, I can now see the "Chimera Boot Screen": two icons:–– the unibeast apple, and the USB drive w/picture of friendly cat (named "USB Unibeast 10.8.4 Boot").

From here I am unable to get the machine to "choose" the USB drive per instructions, and don't know how to do the following as per instructions:

You may have to type extra command line flags to reach the installer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Specs:

processor
2.83 Hz Intel Core i7

memory
24 gb 1600 MHz DDR3

graphics
GeForce 9800 GTX+ 512 MB

Serial Number
YM0330U7EUH

Software
OS X 10.8.4

Motherboard
GA-EX58-UD5
(Gigabyte)

Also having the same issue! Stuck on the Chimera Bootloader screen with the ML icon with USB-HDD under it but cant use my keyboard or mouse to progress any further :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back