Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Medion Akoya P6638
CPU
i3-3120M
Graphics
HD 4000 & GT 635M
Hello!

I need help at the installation of Snow Leopard on my Laptop.

First I tried to install it following the iBoot + MultiBeast guide, but the keyboard and the trackpad didn't work, so I connected an USB mouse which worked. Then I wanted to create a partition in disk utility but my harddisk wasn't recognized.
Then I tried to make an USB flash drive installer first with Chameleon following this guide but the needed PC EFI is not available for download anymore.
So I tried to make an USB flash drive installer with Clover following this guide in the forum.
But there are no instructions for copying the Snow Leopard installer files to the flash drive, only for Mavericks to Mojave. So I first used a command from the first USB flash drive guide:
Bash:
ditto -V "/Volumes/Mac OS X Install DVD" "/Volumes/usbdrive"
but the USB drive didn't boot. Then I used these commands:
Bash:
diskutil partitiondisk /dev/disk1 1 GPTFormat JHFS+ USB-SNOW 100%

hdiutil attach -nobrowse "Path to the SL.dmg"

sudo asr restore -source /Volumes/"Mac OS X Install DVD" -target /Volumes/USB-SNOW -erase -verbose -noverify

but it still didn't boot.
The last thing I tried was to add the kexts from the laptop guide to the iBoot-Ivy-Bridge.iso and burned it on disc, but when booting after a little bit of text it got stuck.

Now I don't know what to do anymore, so I ask for your help at installing Snow Leopard on my laptop.

Best regards

Last edited:
Hello!

I need help at the installation of Snow Leopard on my Laptop.

First I tried to install it following the iBoot + MultiBeast guide, but the keyboard and the trackpad didn't work, so I connected an USB mouse which worked. Then I wanted to create a partition in disk utility but my harddisk wasn't recognized.
Then I tried to make an USB flash drive installer first with Chameleon following this guide but the needed PC EFI is not available for download anymore.
So I tried to make an USB flash drive installer with Clover following this guide in the forum.
But there are no instructions for copying the Snow Leopard installer files to the flash drive, only for Mavericks to Mojave. So I first used a command from the first USB flash drive guide:
Bash:
ditto -V "/Volumes/Mac OS X Install DVD" "/Volumes/usbdrive"
but the USB drive didn't boot. Then I used these commands:
Bash:
diskutil partitiondisk /dev/disk1 1 GPTFormat JHFS+ USB-SNOW 100%

hdiutil attach -nobrowse "Path to the SL.dmg"

sudo asr restore -source /Volumes/"Mac OS X Install DVD" -target /Volumes/USB-SNOW -erase -verbose -noverify

but it still didn't boot.
The last thing I tried was to add the kexts from the laptop guide to the iBoot-Ivy-Bridge.iso and burned it on disc, but when booting after a little bit of text it got stuck.

Now I don't know what to do anymore, so I ask for your help at installing Snow Leopard on my laptop.

Best regards

Snow Leopard has no support for the hardware in your profile.
Refer to the guide:

I hope this time my post is ok, after my last one has been deleted and I have been banned due to a mistake I made for which I want to apologize.

Snow Leopard has no support for the hardware in your profile.
Refer to the guide:

What exactly from my hardware isn't supported?

Now I restored the Snow Leopard image to my USB drive, and when I boot that with iBoot Ivy Bridge my harddisk is recognized, and I'm able to start the installation. Unfortunately it restarts after a while, and afterwards I'm not able to boot into my Windows 7 installation anymore, because the UEFI entries are lost, my harddisk isn't GPT anymore and Windows couldn't be repaired, so I had to do a fresh install.

Could it also be, that it is a problem with missing kexts or maybe mistakes at copying the files to the USB drive?

Assuming my hardware would be supported by Snow Leopard, what would I have to do, to copy the Snow Leopard install files to my USB drive? Because in your guide there is no explanation for Snow Leopard.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back