Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
z390 phantom gaming itx
CPU
9900ks
Graphics
5700 xt
Hello, i just put together my new build, it's a 4770K with a Gigabyte z87-oc 16gb Corsair vengeance ram and a Asus 580X.

I made a clover usb from my mac and osx boot disk (i had a clover install working before on a Asus Rampage III Extreme). Anyway i set smbios to mac pro 3.1, removed the dsdt entries and in the uefi drivers i selected csm video data hub the emulator one and the osxpci low memory fix, and it got to the bluuetooth part and it would hang if i selected boot without injected kexts and cache.

If i just booted normally without selecting any option it would load and reboot on it's own.

Then i tried removing csm and the screen goes black if i boot up without any options or will hang right after loading the usb stuff (one where it loads the 6 dots or so).

Any suggestions? Just installed windows to see if it was anything wrong with the mb but installed fine etc, my bios is F3 and newest is F6 so will check that out.

In the bios i loaded optimised defaults disabled secure boot and have first boot device as pcie1

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

I'll provide screenshots too in some minutes and will try making a unibeast disk to see if it boots from there at least but would really like having it set up with clover down the line.

Hey thanks, meanwhile i got unibeast setup, and it was also going to sleep right after booting, so i updates bios reset cmos and even did the battery switch thing in my mb which was quite the scare since there was no lights on after i pressed it once, manual didn't say anything but common sense worked and just held the button for some seconds down and it was all good again.

Anyway then more of the same and decided to disable virtualisation in bios and that did the trick to get the install running on Unibeast, so i'm letting it install right now just to see if all loads ok etc, and after that i will try to install Clover and see how it goes, phew :), quite a frustrating afternoon.

Will update the thread once it installs OSX and i try to boot with clover.

Many thanks :)

Gah still can't install with clover, it did boot once but it didn't install anything to the disk, now it just reboots on boot every time :(

... it did boot once but it didn't install anything to the disk, now it just reboots on boot every time :(
Whats this mean? Did you run the installer?

Sorry that part was bit of a mix up in my words.

Anyway the problem came down to the Init Display Device in the bios, if i set it to PCIe1 slot the screen will either go black or reboot, by setting it to pcie2 slot even tho the gfx is in the first slot it booted fine.

Hope this is "normal" and not something to do with something in the board being malfunctioning.

Thanks for the help provided, glad after messing around a lot it was this thing... next time will make it easier to troubleshoot lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back