Contribute
Register

Problems installing Mac AppStore App Updates Big Sur

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I just restarted and everything shows OK. My initial point was that this behaviour was on a real MacBook Pro so definitely an Apple problem. Actually I think my issues are Apple related, I've never seen updates not (appear to) complete before. I might be muddying the waters though, i've no idea it there are also Clover problems, my Nuc is stable back on High Sierra.

Well I just restarted and everything shows OK. My initial point was that this behaviour was on a real MacBook Pro so definitely an Apple problem. Actually I think my issues are Apple related, I've never seen updates not (appear to) complete before. I might be muddying the waters though, i've no idea it there are also Clover problems, my Nuc is stable back on High Sierra.
My NUC downloads updates fine with OpenCore 063. In fact, that is what I am using to keep the apps up to date on both my rigs.
I was on Clover 5126 yesterday on my z390 build and updated everything to OpenCore just to find that everything works exactly the same apart from the Appstore.
I mean, its better to be on OpenCore but I still have the Appstore download problem which leads me to believe that this is more than a bootloader problem.

Ok guys, I fixed it.
Just thought I would drop you a line to explain what I did.
So as you know I was on clover 5126 and did the conversion to OpenCore 0.6.3
I still had the same Appstore issue so I redownloaded Big Sur from the Appstore and System Software in System preferences started to download the 12GB file.
After that I just did an in place upgrade of Big Sur and after rebooting the Appstore works again.
I haven't had the time to go through everything but if I face some issues I will post here :)

Thanks to all who tried to help and hope you fix it

Did you try ???

Did you try ???
Yes, Actually I removed a lot more than that in the end. Didn't work. Thanks though

I dont know what to think now. I just went through the trouble of updating my main rig to Opencore 0.63. Everything works like it was working in Clover, apart from the Appstore.
It's funny how it works in some but not in others? Maybe some corruption in the filesystem?
your App Store works in OC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back