Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
As the title says. Since updating to Big Sur I cant seem to install any app updates from the Mac Appstore.
I can see that the app downloads but it gets stuck when installing leaving a constant progress bar under the launchpad icon
and a ghost/ inaccessible app in the Applications folder.

Things I did:

Going into ~/Library/Caches/ and clearing
com.apple.appstore
com.apple.appstoreagent

I have no idea why this has happened but looking at Big Sur support it doesn't seem to be widespread.

DMG files install just fine.

Any clues would be appreciated

Same problem here. Do you use Clover or OpenCore?

Same problem here. Do you use Clover or OpenCore?
I'm using clover 5126. I am glad I'm not the only one. It might be a bug in Big Sur?

Update: Just noticed that on my NUC with OC the Appstore works fine. Is there some Quirk I am missing in the new clover?

Last edited:
Having the same problems on a real MacBook Pro, so it seems to be an Apple problem.

Well Pages and iMovie show under the recently updated section, but the icon shows as in progress/waiting. Xcode however is stuck in the Upcoming Updates section although it has completely downloaded but the icon shows installing. Been like that for 2 days.

Edit, well Xcode now shows as UPDATED. Also Pages and Imovie I think have completed, they just show as Waiting in Launchpad. Seems like a few glitches.

Last edited:
I have same problems , not only from App Store but also from any website...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-16 at 7.35.10 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-16 at 7.35.10 AM.png
    52.7 KB · Views: 55
Well Pages and iMovie show under the recently updated section, but the icon shows as in progress/waiting. Xcode however is stuck in the Upcoming Updates section although it has completely downloaded but the icon shows installing. Been like that for 2 days.

Edit, well Xcode now shows as UPDATED. Also Pages and Imovie I think have completed, they just show as Waiting in Launchpad. Seems like a few glitches.
I dont know what to think now. I just went through the trouble of updating my main rig to Opencore 0.63. Everything works like it was working in Clover, apart from the Appstore.
It's funny how it works in some but not in others? Maybe some corruption in the filesystem?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back