Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,

So im kinda new to the hackintosh and attempted several times to do it but with no success.

My pc specifications are:
CPU: Intel i7-4770
Motherboard: Asrock H87M Pro 4
Graphics Card: Nvidia GTX 970
RAM: 16GB
I also have a PCI Wireless card.

I have looked up the BIOS settings in order for OSX to run but there some of the options from the guide on tonymacx86 which i cant find on my motherboard. I even tried running on UEFI defaults.

I come across a few problems while i try to boot from the USB.

I insert my USB into a USB 2.0 port.
When i press F11 to chose from where to boot from I get two boot options. USB: Kingston and UEFI: Kingston ( Kingston being my usb drive)

When i boot from the USB option it shows me a message saying "There is no bootable device recognised. Insert bootable drive and restart you computer". I then restart my pc try again and nothing.

I then try the UEFI option to boot from and it gets me into the part where i could chose to run the bootable OSX thumb drive. I chose Run Bootable OSX drive it loads up to the point where theres the apple logo and a loading bar on the bottom of it and at half of completing the loading my PC restarts on its own.

To be honest i dont know if that is even the right way to get it to boot but its the only way i can get into the boot menu of the USB.

Oh and another thing. The hard drive i want to install OSX on was previously formated for Windows and i used it as a 2nd HDD for storage on my Windows OS. I deleted the volume from windows Disk management and it is shown as Unallocated disk space

I have tried creating a bootable USB with Unibeast with both UEFI and Legacy Boot mode and they both end up with the problems i described above.

Is there anyone that can guide me trough the which BIOS setting to use for my Asrock H87M Pro4 motherboard?

And if my BIOS settings are ok how to get past the Apple logo restarting every time ?

For some strange reason, during my own installation of El Capitan 10.11.0 I had to plug in my USB HDD into USB 3.0 since 2.0 would result in an "Failure Creating Boot cache" error during El Capitan installation. The "Insert correct boot(...)" error you're having is common when you don't have actual bootloader (eg. Clover) installed yet. I had to boot into installed system using USB first then installed Clover post-installation. Needless to say, try your other ports.

Thanks for your quick response.

Ive tried almost all my USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports and still doesn't recognise it as a bootable device.

I have another suggestion you might try with an Asrock motherboard.

Enter BIOS and proceed with the following:

1. Change "CPU Ratio" settings to "Per Core".

2. Disable "Internal PLL Overvoltage".

3. Set "Shared Memory" to 32MB.

4. Set your installation USB's "Hot Plug Enabled" settings to "Off".

Disable serial port in your "Super IO Config" settings.

I have tested those on a different Asrock motherboard. Milage may vary.

Did you manage to finally boot since your last reply? If so, what was your solution?

When i press F11 to chose from where to boot from I get two boot options. USB: Kingston and UEFI: Kingston ( Kingston being my usb drive)

When i boot from the USB option it shows me a message saying "There is no bootable device recognised. Insert bootable drive and restart you computer". I then restart my pc try again and nothing.

This is expected if you do a UEFI install with UniBeast (which should work on an 87 board). If you select "USB: Kingston" it will try to perform a legacy boot, which would fail because there's no legacy bootloader installed on the USB drive, only a UEFI bootloader. So "UEFI: Kingston" is the correct selection.

I then try the UEFI option to boot from and it gets me into the part where i could chose to run the bootable OSX thumb drive. I chose Run Bootable OSX drive it loads up to the point where theres the apple logo and a loading bar on the bottom of it and at half of completing the loading my PC restarts on its own.

Note that the GTX 970 is not supported out of the box. You will need to boot with nv_disable=1 (you can either apply that at the Clover menu on every boot or put it into config.plist and it will use it automatically).

So use a USB stick set up in UEFI mode, select UEFI:Kingston from the F11 boot menu, and then navigate to "Start Mac OS X from YourUSBDrive" from the Clover menu.

If the nv_disable=1 alone doesn't fix your problem, please hit space bar from the Clover menu and select to boot in verbose mode. Post a photo of the screen just before it reboots -- often it will show something that indicates what the problem is that's causing the restart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back