Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASRock Z97M-ITX/ac
CPU
i5 4590
Graphics
HD4600 (iGPU)
This is my first Hackintosh build, I've been trying to get everything hardware related to work the last few days and the system seems pretty stable for now. The only things I still haven't been able to fix is HDMI audio and sleep.

Build
Intel i5 4590
ASRock Z97M-ITX/ac (ALC892 & Atheros LAN)
No dGPU, using iGPU (HD4600)

Installation
macOS 10.13.4
Clover (v2.4k_r4458)
- AptioMemoryFix
- AptioInputFix
- config.plist in Attachments
Kexts:
- RehabMan's FakeSMC (2018-0403) + sensor kexts for HWMonitor
- AtherosE2200Ethernet (2.2.2)
- AppleALC (1.2.7)
- IntelGraphicsFixup (1.2.7)
- Lilu (1.2.4)
- Shiki (2.2.6)
- RehabMan's USBInjectAll (2018-0420)
I haven't used any Beast utilities for installation, since I prefer adding things manually, to have a better overview of what I'm doing and it seems easier to determine if anything is missing.

What I tried...
...to enable HDMI audio
I followed toleda's guide on how to enable the Intel HDMI audio via cloverHDMI. But his command script didn't download the SSDT for the HD4600, I couldn't figure out why, so I manually downloaded it from his 8series repo. The script added some kext patches, but even with the manually downloaded SSDT, there was no HDMI audio device in my outputs listed.
After that I followed RehabMan's DSDT patching guide, so I wanted to patch my DSDT with toleda's audio patches to get it to work. I applied the "Clean_Compile-8series" patch first like described in the guide, after that it compiled successfully and it reduced about 40 compilation warnings, but when I applied the "HD4600-AMD-Nvidia-A1" I got some compilation errors about the name IGPU already existing in the scope.
Since I haven't really got any grasp about how ACPI works, I gave up, because I don't know where to start..

...to enable proper sleep and wake
Actually nothing, because when I put the system to sleep, the screen just turns off, but the fan is still spinning and the system still seems to be powered on fully. I also can't wake the system anymore, keyboard won't work and neither does the power button which forces me to shut down the system completely. And because I can't see any output on the screen and I have no clue on how to troubleshoot this issue, I left it like that and concentrated on enabling HDMI audio for now.
I've seen someone with this board having issues when the original wifi+bt card is still inserted, I don't have it plugged in right now, so this isn't the cause for the sleep issue.

I just got sleep to work! It found out that it was ASRock's On/Off Play feature, I just disabled it and the system goes to sleep. Haven't tested for how long but for now it seems to work. :)

I also added the DSDTs and SSDTs I extracted, maybe someone can take a look and explain what's wrong.
I've seen people with H97M-ITX/ac and Z97E-ITX/ac boards (which are pretty similar to mine) getting sleep to work out of the box, but only on Yosemite. Haven't seen anyone running one of these boards with High Sierra.

Can you guess what the issue is, on why toleda's cloverHDMI guide doesn't work?

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.5 KB · Views: 191
  • asrock-z97m-itx-ac-acpi-files.zip
    103.7 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
@shawly, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard (Mobo), CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Okay, thanks for your help. I updated my profile, but the audio still isn't working, what else could I try?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back