Contribute
Register

Problems configuring the High Sierra (Z77P-D3 and GTX 1050 ti)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z77P-D3
CPU
i5-3570k
Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti
Hello guys!!!

I followed this guide for installation:

But I'm having problems and I don't know how to solve them

I am unable to boot without the pen drive on my hardware.

I've already tried to copy the EFI folder from the pen drive and I wasn't successful.

I've already tried the command:

fs0: cd efi cd clover bcfg boot add 0 cloverx64.efi "Clover"

I tried to configure the boot by Clover Configurator and it didn't work either.

I tried to put it in Legacy, but things got worse. I can't even boot.

And I also have a problem with the Nvidia driver.

Can someone help me, I've read several guides and tutorials right here, but there's always something different, whether it's an alternative tool, old or missing some information, thus generating more questions.

Off:

Before, I had installed Catalina and then High Sierra through the open core install guide, it worked correctly using the onboard card (intel HD4000) but the offboard(GTX 1050ti) no.

From what I researched UniBeast, MultiBeast + Clover Configurator, have more configuration options. But it's complicated to configure everything.

I am unable to boot without the pen drive on my hardware.

Hi there.

You need to step back and reconsider for a moment.

If you created a UniBeast installer for High Sierra and installed the OS to your destination drive, but then tried to make the installation bootable - and that didn't work - then that would suggest that either your destination drive is formatted incorrectly or you chose the wrong settings in MultiBeast when you ran it.

Boot the PC using the UniBeast installer USB drive, then run Disk Utility on the destination drive to make sure it is a GUID partition and in HFS+ format.

Use Disk Utility to identify the disks you have connected - for example your main drive might be disk1s2 and the USB drive might be disk0s2 etc.

Now run EFI Mounter v3.1 from our Downloads section, when the selection window comes up you will see the disk designations for the drives you need. Mount them both and then copy the USB's EFI to the main drive's EFI.

There is no reason this wouldn't make the main drive as bootable as the USB stick, unless you have an incorrect format.

Hello @UtterDisbelief,

so, in Unibeast I set UEFI boot mode and followed exactly the tutorial step by step. In MultiBeast I tried so hard putting the minimum settings always selecting UEFI Boot Mode with Emulated NVRAM, UEFI Boot Mode and Legacy (I enabled legacy on the motherboard).

In the formatting part I've done both APFS and HFS+ too and it didn't help. (This last installation is in HSF+)

In this case I have 3 disks, but I disabled two of them so I don't have problems. I'm just dedicating one ssd for this.

Now I have a question, should I run multibeast before moving the EFI folder or after moving the folder and testing the boot?

------Edit1

Now I have reinstalled High Sierra once again, formatted it again using HSF+ (I also blocked the AFPS conversion). I copied the EFI folder from the USB to the EFI hard drive.

I didn't run multibest this time and now the bot is working.

What should I do now? Do I run MultiBeast in parts?

Another case I run Multibeast is there how I can reverse its process? Multibeast edit EFI folder or other folder?

Last edited:
Hello @UtterDisbelief,

so, in Unibeast I set UEFI boot mode and followed exactly the tutorial step by step. In MultiBeast I tried so hard putting the minimum settings always selecting UEFI Boot Mode with Emulated NVRAM, UEFI Boot Mode and Legacy (I enabled legacy on the motherboard).

In the formatting part I've done both APFS and HFS+ too and it didn't help. (This last installation is in HSF+)

In this case I have 3 disks, but I disabled two of them so I don't have problems. I'm just dedicating one ssd for this.

Now I have a question, should I run multibeast before moving the EFI folder or after moving the folder and testing the boot?

------Edit1

Now I have reinstalled High Sierra once again, formatted it again using HSF+ (I also blocked the AFPS conversion). I copied the EFI folder from the USB to the EFI hard drive.

I didn't run multibest this time and now the bot is working.

What should I do now? Do I run MultiBeast in parts?

Another case I run Multibeast is there how I can reverse its process? Multibeast edit EFI folder or other folder?

Okay, now you have the main drive booting you should copy the EFI folder somewhere safe as a backup.

There is no very easy way to undo any MultiBeast configuration changes you make - except working through each step, one-by-one and reverting it. However, the easiest thing to do if things do go wrong, is to just copy that backup you made, back into place etc.

My suggestion would be to make only one change at a time. If anything goes wrong, that way you will know what is causing the problem.

Okay, now you have the main drive booting you should copy the EFI folder somewhere safe as a backup.

There is no very easy way to undo any MultiBeast configuration changes you make - except working through each step, one-by-one and reverting it. However, the easiest thing to do if things do go wrong, is to just copy that backup you made, back into place etc.

My suggestion would be to make only one change at a time. If anything goes wrong, that way you will know what is causing the problem.
Okay, make the backup new EFI folder.

I'm a newbie to the world of Hackintosh, I learned a lot since last Saturday and I know that configuring by clover is similar to OpenCore in "config.plist".

But now I must use MultiBeast and apply the settings one by one or use CloverConfigurator?

Another option, is it better to download kexts (where can I download them?) and edit config.plist from ProperTree-master?

---

A curiosity, I've been reading on the forum and saw that few people are successful in running the GTX 10XX on the High Sierra (17G66), should I worry about downloading an older version to install again?

Okay, make the backup new EFI folder.

I'm a newbie to the world of Hackintosh, I learned a lot since last Saturday and I know that configuring by clover is similar to OpenCore in "config.plist".

But now I must use MultiBeast and apply the settings one by one or use CloverConfigurator?

Another option, is it better to download kexts (where can I download them?) and edit config.plist from ProperTree-master?

---

A curiosity, I've been reading on the forum and saw that few people are successful in running the GTX 10XX on the High Sierra (17G66), should I worry about downloading an older version to install again?

Most kexts you will need are up in our Downloads section. You can install them manually if you would prefer, by placing them in the EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder.

Version 17G66 of High Sierra did not have a corresponding version of the NVIdia Web-Drivers which you will need for your GTX1050. Yes, there is a script to "trick" loading of a non-matching version, but it's safer just to install one of the later High Sierra Security Updates which moves the build number on - and you will find the web-drivers you need here.

:)

Most kexts you will need are up in our Downloads section. You can install them manually if you would prefer, by placing them in the EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder.

Version 17G66 of High Sierra did not have a corresponding version of the NVIdia Web-Drivers which you will need for your GTX1050. Yes, there is a script to "trick" loading of a non-matching version, but it's safer just to install one of the later High Sierra Security Updates which moves the build number on - and you will find the web-drivers you need here.

:)
Is there any step by step how I should edit Clover config.plist?

Where can I find the penultimate High Sierra security release?

---

Edit1:

Now I've added some Kexts and deleted others!

Is it just doing it, nothing more?

Last edited:
Guys I managed to make the GTX 1050ti work on High Sierra Build 17G66 (exactly what you read 17G66).

How I did this?

Searching a lot here in this forum.

I found the solution, but it is rarely commented on. The reason I don't know, but I'll leave it here so that other users can benefit from it.

---

1º - I used this command in the terminal:

Code:
bash <(curl -s https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Benjamin-Dobell/nvidia-update/master/nvidia-update.sh) 387.10.10.10.40.113

The version of the Web Nvidia driver I used was the 387.10.10.10.40.113

I didn't restart after installation.

-

2º - I mounted the EFI partition using EFI Mounter V3.1…

But you can use other tools for that like Cover Configuratore or MountEFI-update (in google you you will find the links to these apps)

-

3º - I went to the EFI/CLOVER folder - I opened the “config.plist”….

This one you can open with the text editor, Clover Configurator or the one I used ProperTree.

After opening ProperTree, I selected the config.plist that is in the path above.

-

4º - This part is boring because I got it from several places

I manually entered the change in:

ACPI->Boot->Arguments

I removed the "nv_disable=1" and inserted the "nvda_drv=1"

SystemParameters->NvidiaWeb

and "activated" it.

-

5º - I rebooted and now I have a working GTX 1050ti.

Captura de Tela 2021-08-05 às 01.08.12.jpg

----------

Links where I got everything from:

Reference about Installation Script!

References of the cited driver!

References references how i change "config.plist"!

Optional driver reference to test (this one I haven't tested)!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back