Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello all,

I built a HP8300 w/ 24GB ram, Samsung 860 EVO 1tb SSD, AMD Radeon RX 560 with Mac OS Mojave a few months ago using the forums to get everything working. The 8300 had been working great with no issues until it started to randomly freeze when opening applications. I tried to reboot and the screen went black about half-way though the Apple logo. I haven't installed anything new or done any Mac OS updates. It's running Clover version 4920. Does anyone have any suggestions or advice to get the computer working? I am attaching the config and a screen shot right before the screen went black.

Attachments

• config.plist
    7 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_4131.jpg
    IMG_4131.jpg
    798.7 KB · Views: 80
Try this first. No reason you need debug checked here if you've already got the OS installed.

Screen_Shot_16.jpg

If that doesn't fix the booting problem then remove the RX 560 and boot with just HD4000 gfx and see if that works.

@trs96 I unchecked the "debug" and no change. I removed the RX 560 and it gets to the Apple boot screen but freezes. So I went into Clover Options->Graphics Injector and checked "InjectIntel" too. No luck. Just freezes at Apple boot with no progress. Am I missing something that I need to change by removing the graphics card?

Just freezes at Apple boot with no progress.
It's possible that ram could be causing the freeze ups too. You can test by using just 1 stick of ram at a time and see if that resolves the freezes. Try each one in different slots as well to rule out a faulty ram slot. What is the brand of ram you are using ?

I'm using the DP for the direct connection and DP and HDMI with the video card. I have dual monitors running. I tried booting up with each connection by itself and still no luck.

The ram is G.Skill Ripjaws. I'm running MemTest86 on it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back