1. MacBook
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I am having an issue with my Sierra install. First I have a Mountain Lion install which has been running solidly until recently (random freezes, hangs etc - which began when I tried to go from 10.8.4 to 10.8.5, I downgraded).
With my boot sad (120 gb filling up), I decided to get a new 250 gb ssd for a fresh Sierra install.
After several issues installing, these are my residual issues which I am unable to solve:
1. System does not boot into Clover to choose my Sierra (or better still, autoboot into Sierra) - UNLESS I use F12. I then get Clover to go into my Sierra.
2. If I don't do this, system goes automatically to my ML install. If I try to use Chameleon at boot (ML disk), I get a message "mach_kernel not found" when I choose Sierra. And if I tun try ML, I get a KP!
3. When I get into Sierra, I do not get network: I have tried using both the Atheros and the RTL8111 drivers from Multibeast.
I have tried to find solutions by going through the forums, but am getting confused. Everything else seems to work, (audio is only from the headphone port, but I can live with that).
4. My Sierra was disks and ML is disk0. I switched them around and it made no difference.
5. I have run MB multiple times, with no change.

In case my signature does not show up, here's my config: H77-DS3H, i-7 3770, HD4000.

Thanks in advance for any guidance or help.

Ashok
p.s. Sierra, not High Sierra because Adobe CS6 does not work well with HS.

Got it booting. Changing sound out to line out caused a kp, so have to live with headphone out.
I have tried every single driver on MB without success. Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back