Graphics
Saphire Radeon R9 285 Dual-X
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey guys, I had working Mavericks builds in the past with unibeast but now, since I got my SSD, I decided to make an install there. I have another working mavericks build not made with unibeast on another hard drive ATM. So, from the start, I had to boot the installer with -x to work. Booting with -v, the boot stopped at a point where the verbose screen was still visible, but a spinning beach ball appeared and it hanged.
After install I still had to boot with -x and dart=0. I installed my graphic kexts, rebooted. -x was no longer needed, but without dart=0 it simply stopped in the middle of the boot, after the NTFS messages. This also happened with my clover boot loader on the other drive whatever I did.
With dart=0 it boots Ok and now I had graphic acceleration, so I went forward and installed chimera and everything else with multi beast. Now the real problem is that Chimera doesn't give me a GUI and does the same thing as clover or unibeast without dart=0: hangs. The only way I can boot the system is by typing dart=0 in unibeast. The boot is kinda slow until it passes the Read HFS files part and that's not the reason I bought an SSD. So how can I make it work from the hard drive and without args on every boot?
Thanks in advance

Hey guys, I had working Mavericks builds in the past with unibeast but now, since I got my SSD, I decided to make an install there. I have another working mavericks build not made with unibeast on another hard drive ATM. So, from the start, I had to boot the installer with -x to work. Booting with -v, the boot stopped at a point where the verbose screen was still visible, but a spinning beach ball appeared and it hanged.
After install I still had to boot with -x and dart=0. I installed my graphic kexts, rebooted. -x was no longer needed, but without dart=0 it simply stopped in the middle of the boot, after the NTFS messages. This also happened with my clover boot loader on the other drive whatever I did.
With dart=0 it boots Ok and now I had graphic acceleration, so I went forward and installed chimera and everything else with multi beast. Now the real problem is that Chimera doesn't give me a GUI and does the same thing as clover or unibeast without dart=0: hangs. The only way I can boot the system is by typing dart=0 in unibeast. The boot is kinda slow until it passes the Read HFS files part and that's not the reason I bought an SSD. So how can I make it work from the hard drive and without args on every boot?

Please read and comply with the Rules by putting your system board in your profile - It will help others to help you.

also,

"Any posts referencing unapproved installation software, methods, or websites will be deleted. Approved installation methods are as follows: iBoot, UniBeast or Clover."

I did not say anything about other install methods, plus clover is accepted. Furthermore, I asked for help about unibeast install, not the other one. I only said that I have another install so it is possible on my PC.
My MB is Asus P8H77-M LE, CPU I5-3470, GPU AMD radeon 6750. I have them all on my profile
Now, to continue, I realized when unibeast also stopped booting that the problem was that I need to boot with -f. In this case, what should I do next?

I did not say anything about other install methods, plus clover is accepted. Furthermore, I asked for help about unibeast install, not the other one. I only said that I have another install so it is possible on my PC.
My MB is Asus P8H77-M LE, CPU I5-3470, GPU AMD radeon 6750. I have them all on my profile
Now, to continue, I realized when unibeast also stopped booting that the problem was that I need to boot with -f. In this case, what should I do next?

I can't see where it says Asus P8H77-M LE in your profile - It needs to be under System.

To avoid booting with dart=0 disable VT-d in your BIOS.

Boot with -v and post a good quality picture of the screen when it stops.

Good Luck

I wrote my MB under "other hardware", I thought the system section was for pre-made PCs and Laptops. Anyway, I fixed it now
Funny. The reason it didn't work was that I booted clover in UEFI mode, once I booted in legacy mode the GUI was in my native resolution and it booted without any flags. So all's good now
New problem though: installed my audio driver from multi beast and when I boot with unibeast it works just fine, however with clover it does not work at all(I don't get the speaker icon on the top bar). Could you help me with this too?
Thx a lot so far.

I gave up on clover for the moment as I don't know how to get the sound working. I intalled chimera over it(with a theme and GUI this time) and I seriously can't understand how the following thing is even possible: try with unibeast, write -v dart=0 -f. It boots. Try with chimera, write the exact same thing. It hangs. I think it's a graphics issue as it works it clover when in native resolution and hangs right after VM subsystem ON. But how could it be graphics when I already installed the kexts? And I still don't get it what difference it'd make between unibeast and multi beast:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

I couldn't. On my MB I only have Intel Virtualization, which is Enabled and I don't want to disable it as I need it. Anyway, booting with dart=0 should override this, as this is the purpose of the argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back