980ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Two days ago, I installed ubuntu so that I could watch movies on my HDTV using HDMI, but when I realized that I couldn't get back into OS X Lion through GRUB or through iBoot, I tried to uninstall Ubuntu by deleting the swap and the main partition. After this, I got the Grub rescue error. After reinstalling osx on another partition to install Chameleon on the lion partition and seeing that fail, I reinstalled OS X Snow Leopard by wiping the whole drive and then updating to 10.6.7and installing a bootloader through MultiBeast, I stuck at (PCI configuration begin) on the second startup. I saw somewhere that I could get around the (PCI configuration begin) by installing the IOPCIFamily and some other kexts of 10.6.7 on 10.6.8. This disabled my wifi which was working before ubuntu. My wifi doesn't work without iBoot, and lion comes up saying that this version of lion cannot be installed on this computer. If I do use iBoot, and create the installer partition, I can't seem to boot into the installer, and it gets stuck at the boot logo making it so that I can't upgrade to lion.
Before I screwed anything up with linux, everything worked perfectly a throughout he ten or so installations of OS x I have done. I never even got the (PCI configuration begin) problem before. I just upgraded to 4 gb of ram from 3 before the install and I have even reverted to see if it works, but it does the same thing. Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong or did wrong after the Linux installation that I did not do before?
I have a HP pavilion dv6700t with a core 2 duo t5750 2 ghz processor and 4 gb of ram. Please help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back