Contribute
Register

Problems After El Capitan Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, but where do I use those commands? In the Terminal? I have tried that and it didn't seem to work.

They are Terminal commands. Install the kext with Kext Wizard. The daemon is not critical... install it as you figure things out. You should probably find a tutorial on Terminal and read it. Having basic Terminal skills is important.

I am getting a kext panic now. "Unable to find driver for this platform: \"ACPI\"..."

Looks like I will have to reinstall unibeast and start from scratch because I am not exactly sure what kext caused this issue.

Do you have any advice?

I am getting a kext panic now. "Unable to find driver for this platform: \"ACPI\"..."

Looks like I will have to reinstall unibeast and start from scratch because I am not exactly sure what kext caused this issue.

Do you have any advice?

Two most common reasons:
- you placed DSDT.aml in ACPI/patched that is not in AML format
- overuse of Clover config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...de-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover.html

Thank you so much for your help, I'll follow your guide to get OSX back up and running and let you know if I have any further issues.

From what I've read, this PCIe card should work with OSX, is that correct?

I ended up purchasing the AR9280 and after getting it installed and everything back up and running, it is showing the wifi icon but when i search for networks nothing is appearing and when I enter it manually it does not work either. I have searched for answers, but I haven't been able to find anyone with a similar problem.

I would recommend the BCM94352 as per the guide rehab man linked in the previous posts

I have already purchased and installed the AR9280 because the guide clearly states this is supported natively with OSX. I don't see why this would be a bad decision. My question was why it is not working.

I have already purchased and installed the AR9280 because the guide clearly states this is supported natively with OSX. I don't see why this would be a bad decision. My question was why it is not working.

Main reason most people would want an alternative: AR9280 does not have bluetooth.

Probably not working due to incorrect procedures in kext installation (no kexts required), or the radio is not powered on (ACPI issue, need to press power toggle for WiFi), or you didn't install the antennas correctly.

Main reason most people would want an alternative: AR9280 does not have bluetooth.

Probably not working due to incorrect procedures in kext installation (no kexts required), or the radio is powered on (ACPI issue, need to press power toggle for WiFi), or you didn't install the antennas correctly.

I appreciate your reply. I was pretty careful in making sure I installed the antennas correctly so I am going to try your other suggestions before I open the laptop back up. I am currently doing a fresh install with unibeast in hopes that it will fix the problem, if not, how to I power the radio off? I don't remember there being a power toggle in the OS.

Edit:

After reading further into this I read that the acer aspire v5's have to have secure boot disabled in the BIOS otherwise the motherboard will turn the wifi card off. When I push F2 I am taken to something other than the BIOS. It basically just shows me that I can change boot order but nothing else. There is no security options to change secure boot settings. I currently do not have windows installed so is there any way I can reinstall the BIOS from a USB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back