Contribute
Register

Problem with Xcode install (disk error and other stuff)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP dv7 6154ea (Clover Legacy)
CPU
i7-2630QM/HM65
Graphics
HD3000, 1600x900(HD+)
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone!
I have a problem with Xcode.
I installed Snow Leopard 10.6.8 and it works very well, unfortunately when i install Xcode 4, the computer slows down excessively.
if I cancel everything, everything returns to normal. Obviously startup is slow and putting in verbose mode I noticed that hangs at the beginning "EBIOS read error" and after a couple of mistakes, come on.
what do you think could be the problem?
has already happened to someone?

I found the same slow installing iLife '11, and I fixed by installing the version of the '09.

Thank you all!

Re: Problem with Xcode install

Did you try the latest XCode version? XCode 4 is known to be slow on SL, even if you are installing it on a original Mac. Is your graphic card working correctly? This might be the problem. On Lion, XCode 4 works fine. If you're planning to update your system, don't bother trying to find a solution

Re: Problem with Xcode install

Unfortunately, the latest version of XCode only runs on Lion.
Now i had to reinstall everything because, when it start, it gave me "" disk error "and would not start anymore.
I did the same trick when I tried to install iLife '11.
What could be the problem?

Thanks!

AFAIK, there are 3 installation disks from Apple - 10.6.0, 10.6.3 and 10.6.6 - which version did you use to install with?

Best to do fresh install from installation disk and install xcode from the same disk.
Then update to 10.6.8. That way you don't have the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back