Contribute
Register

Problem with windows high sierra dual boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z68XP-UD5
CPU
i7
Graphics
GT 240
Have installed both high sierra and windows 10 to seperate internal ssd'd and having trouble
booting in to windows from . mac drive/clover bootloader.

Hoping someone can tell me why I can't boot in to my windows drive when I hit the clover bootloader on my mac drive.

Have uploaded my bootloader log file and my plist file but have renamed my config.plist file as a config.txt file here
merely as am not sure if I'm allowed to upload a plist file directly.

For some reason at the clover bootloader screen clover sees 2 windows icons but can't boot in to any of them ???

Attachments

• bootlog.log.txt
    19.5 KB · Views: 99
  • config.txt
    4.9 KB · Views: 138
This is so frustrating.
Took a screenshot of my plist file.
Can anyone knowledgable spot from my plist file why I can't boot in to my windows drive ???
Please !!!
Screen Shot 2018-03-18 at 11.06.14 am.png

Still haven't found a fix for booting in to my windows 10 drive from the clover bootloader.
So, I'll ask one last question.

Does it matter if I created my Windows 10 installer usb using bootcamp ???
Unsure if this is why I can't boot to windows using the clover installed on my mac drive .... ???

Seriously, what's a bloke gotta do to get any kind of feedback on here ???
  • Those who want to help may have no interest to answer because:
    • You have not listed your Hardware SPCES.[Motherboard|CPU|Graphics in Personal Details to understand the problem In fact that is what is expected from everyone posting here as per the rules
    • You have not mentioned how you have installed the two Operating systems on two separate drives:
      • Both in Legacy mode?
      • Both in UEFI mode?
      • or in a mixed mode?
    • This important information is one of the most common causes for boot issue in Multiboot.
    • Uploading a CLOVER Boot Manager Screen shot showing icons without labeling each is of no use to those who look at it; it may be perfectly OK for you because you have already hovered your mouse and read the label!

Not sure why my system specs aren't showing up to other users because when I click on my
avatar my specs do show up ?? See screenshot attached.

As far as I understand both mac os and win 10 I've installed in legacy mode although
I am a little confused about my own board because when it boots the bios screen says
"hybrid efi technology" and what I've read on google about my board is confusing as to
whether it's uefi or legacy bios ???View attachment 321055

Have recreated a brand new Windows 10 installation after formatting the SSD once again.
Boots perfectly fine from the Windows 10 SSD but again stuck when trying to boot from
the clover drive where my High Sierra is located.

This time, when I try to boot in to windows I simply get a windows icon popping up
in clover but no boot occurs.

The actual boot selections I get now are named:

1. Boot Windows from Legacy HD1
2. Boot FileVault Prebooter from Preboot
3. Boot macOS from High Sierra
4. Boot Recovery from Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back