GA-G31M-ES2L
CPU
E5300
Graphics
8800 GTS
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
So I wanted to use iCloud, but for some reason, I couldn't get it to work. I've tried changing the smbios.plist, but for some reason, it is changed in the smbios.plist, but my Mac (and CCleaner) still thinks it's a completely different device.

schermafbeelding2012022r.png

I'm pretty sure that's the issue why iCloud isn't working, but how can I fix this so my Mac will have the same system definiton as my smbios.plist?

joesayegh said:
Have you tried running MultiBeast again and setting the System Definition to Mac Pro 3,1 from there?

Yes, I have tried Mac Pro 3,1, iMac 11,2 - 12,1 - 12,2 but nothing changes.

champlist.app
awesome app for editing your smbios.plist

I've tried changing it with the champlist.app but still no luck. Maybe it has something to do with my org.chameleon.boot.plist.

Attachments

• org.chameleon.Boot.plist
    551 bytes · Views: 221
  • smbios.plist
    627 bytes · Views: 254
That SMBios shows an iMac 12,2 definition.

Here is a copy of my boot .plist for reference
Code:
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>Kernel</key>
	<string>mach_kernel</string>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>npci=0x2000 darkwake=0</string>
	<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Timeout</key>
	<string>1</string>
	<key>Legacy Logo</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>PCIRootUID</key>
	<string>1</string>
	<key>UseKernelCache</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

I am not sure about what SMBIOS as a key string value does in your boot.plist. Not saying that is wrongfully there i just dont know what it accomplishes.
Also why are you booting into 32 bit mode?

titsmgee said:
That SMBios shows an iMac 12,2 definition.

Here is a copy of my boot .plist for reference
Code:
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>Kernel</key>
	<string>mach_kernel</string>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>npci=0x2000 darkwake=0</string>
	<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Timeout</key>
	<string>1</string>
	<key>Legacy Logo</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>PCIRootUID</key>
	<string>1</string>
	<key>UseKernelCache</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

I am not sure about what SMBIOS as a key string value does in your boot.plist. Not saying that is wrongfully there i just dont know what it accomplishes.
Also why are you booting into 32 bit mode?

1. I've tried to change the smbios.plist to iMac 12,2 using the Champlist.app to see if that is working. No succes
2. I don't know what it's doing there either. Maybe it'll work when I remove the string.
3. I can't boot in 64-bit mode. It always gets stuck on this line when I boot without the kernel string arch=i386:
CSRUSBBluetoothHCIController::setupHardware super returned 0
I also get this line when I boot in 32-bit mode, but the boot continues after that. I haven't searched for a solution for that because I didn't have any problems with that.

UPDATE: Removing the SMBios string fixed the issue. iCloud works now and my system info shows now it's an iMac (no Summer 2001 showed).
Adding the timeout string wasn't a good idea. Chimera didn't show up, my system directly booted up in Lion so I might remove that string.

GXGOW said:
1. I've tried to change the smbios.plist to iMac 12,2 using the Champlist.app to see if that is working. No succes
2. I don't know what it's doing there either. Maybe it'll work when I remove the string.
3. I can't boot in 64-bit mode. It always gets stuck on this line when I boot without the kernel string arch=i386:
CSRUSBBluetoothHCIController::setupHardware super returned 0
I also get this line when I boot in 32-bit mode, but the boot continues after that. I haven't searched for a solution for that because I didn't have any problems with that.

UPDATE: Removing the SMBios string fixed the issue. iCloud works now and my system info shows now it's an iMac (no Summer 2001 showed).
Adding the timeout string wasn't a good idea. Chimera didn't show up, my system directly booted up in Lion so I might remove that string.

Glad you got your issue fixed.
What timeout does with a string value of 1 is that after 1 second in the bootloader it will boot into lion if you do not press a key. I boot holding option (since this button does nothing in the BIOS) so thats why i keep that value so low. It should not skip the chimera boot screen unless you change that string value to 0.

Additionally I should have stated that you have bootbanner=yes, which is pointless because that is the default setting.

Have you tried booting into Lion in 64 bit with your USB Bluetooth unplugged? If that's your problem you might want to look into getting different blutooth if possible

Okay, I've tried booting without my bluetooth, but now it stops booting after it loaded the HDAEnabler.

img1288s.jpg

(This is what I get when I boot with the bluetooth dongle in 64 bit mode. Just remove the 2 last lines and you have what I get without it.)
Normally, after that the bluetooth is loaded, the launchd process starts, but it doesn't. :?

You can see that the NVEnabler Probe fails a couple of lines up. That is likely your problem, it probably has nothing to do with the Bluetooth or the HDA, looks like a graphics issue.

You are probably running into this problem because you are booting with graphics enabler=yes and using the NVEnabler.kext. Try removing the kext and see if you can boot up with GE=yes, if not then boot with the kext and GE=no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back