Contribute
Register

Problem with sleep via lid close on Sony

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have found that guy repo, but how do I compile (get) kext file out of these?

No need to compile it. Read the README.

I see now. I was already looking at you bb repo, but I tought that name of file was version (which was lower then this one on forum). But a closer look, I saw that was a DATE, not a version :D :shh:

BUT, I checked with kextstat (termina) and I get still version:
Code:
18    1 0xffffff7f81b8f000 0x1d000    0x1d000    org.netkas.driver.FakeSMC (1394) 2DBA2F88-A115-386A-85D0-F88021A4D2E3 <11 7 5 4 3 1>
I installed with KextWizard + permission rebuild and cache rebuild

I see now. I was already looking at you bb repo, but I tought that name of file was version (which was lower then this one on forum). But a closer look, I saw that was a DATE, not a version :D :shh:

BUT, I checked with kextstat (termina) and I get still version:
Code:
18    1 0xffffff7f81b8f000 0x1d000    0x1d000    org.netkas.driver.FakeSMC (1394) 2DBA2F88-A115-386A-85D0-F88021A4D2E3 <11 7 5 4 3 1>
I installed with KextWizard + permission rebuild and cache rebuild

You must have installed it incorrectly.

You should take a close look at all the locations where kexts can load from.

With KextWizard I installed kext to S/L/E and replace kext in EFI/CLOVER/Kext/Other (folder 10.11 removed)

Keep in mind that with 10.11, kexts can load from /L/E.

Also, perhaps you neglected to rebuild cache.

Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

You can check the version of a file by right click, Get Info.

Keep in mind that with 10.11, kexts can load from /L/E.

Also, perhaps you neglected to rebuild cache.

Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

You can check the version of a file by right click, Get Info.

I did cache rebuild for sure. But did not that kext could be loaded from /L/E, I assumed that KextWizard "knows" where has to put all kext when installing (I always installed kext with kext wizard, nothing else)

I did cache rebuild for sure. But did not that kext could be loaded from /L/E, I assumed that KextWizard "knows" where has to put all kext when installing (I always installed kext with kext wizard, nothing else)

You're making a lot of assumptions about your system and doing no double checking...

You're making a lot of assumptions about your system and doing no double checking...
You are absolutly right about that. I did triple check now, KextWizard loads all kext to S/L/E.
In folder L/E there was no FakeSMC.kext.

So I update in EF/CLOVER/Kext, delete with rm (terminal) kext from S/L/E, rebuild cache, reboot and reinstall new FakeSMC.kext to S/L/E and now is newer version (1707) loaded into system.

Thank you for all your help. Laptop works realy fine (all except realtek card reader and iMessage, have to read this http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage.html)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back