1G
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello everybody,
I use Mac 10.6.7 osx86 :beachball: & I found a problem when I tried to install an application requires 2 steps of software validation, the 1st step uses the serial number of the Hard Disk in my osx86 :banghead::banghead::banghead: . So without this serial number I cant validate the software & I cant use it! I'm certainly sure that the problem is here, I think osx86 doesn't have serial number of Hard Disk ?! Isn't it?
Pleeeeeeeease, can you fix this Problem? :rolleyes:

Hello everybody,
I use Mac 10.6.7 osx86 :beachball: & I found a problem when I tried to install an application requires 2 steps of software validation, the 1st step uses the serial number of the Hard Disk in my osx86 :banghead::banghead::banghead: . So without this serial number I cant validate the software & I cant use it! I'm certainly sure that the problem is here, I think osx86 doesn't have serial number of Hard Disk ?! Isn't it?
Pleeeeeeeease, can you fix this Problem? :rolleyes:

OSX doesn't have anything called a serial number for the hard disk, but there is a unique identifying number (UUID) for each partition. Maybe that's what the software is looking for. The number is in this format:

017C79A6-8BC7-34AB-B767-C82D5EF0120A

For a given partition, here's how to get the UUID - from a terminal window, type:

diskutil info disk0s2

and look for the "Volume UUID". In this example, I'm getting info about the 3rd partition on the 1st drive (the boot partition of the boot drive).

If you don't know what your partition is called (the "disk0s2" part) you can get a listing of all drives/partitions with:

diskutil list

thank you that's what I need :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back