Thanks. can you show me a good CPU cooler

Hi All,
this Vega64 slowing; still haunts me
I am now looking at 2 routes
-> soft power play table via OpenCore
-> copy kext from 10.14.4 to 10.14.6

@smak
did you ever progress?

this is as much a note to self; and follow up to my original post in this thread:

Rather than copying from HS to MJ;
I am thinking to copy the AMD10000controller.kext from Mojave 10.14.4 to Mojave 10.14.6

you will note in my other post, that the problem shows up in 10.14.5 and continues in 10.14.6

Today after updating to OpenCore for my cMP 5,1 and uploading the Geekbench scores; I noticed that the maximum freq in HS was 1.6ghz instead of 945mhz in MJ. I thought to myself, aha I've cracked it, and this could be why the people still using VGTab have the results and I don't. However, when I checked the 10.14.4 and 10.14.6 results side by side

it appeared that both use the max frequency of 945 -- yet, there is a 50k difference in the scores; and 10.14.4 at 184k still underperforms the HS by 5-7k.

I am now looking into using VGTab with OpenCore
(my cMP4,1->5,1 is becoming more of a hackintosh than my hackintosh :eek:)

Wondering if anyone has tried copying the AMD drivers from High Sierra over to Mojave with any positive result?

View attachment 443768

Hi All,
this Vega64 slowing; still haunts me
I am now looking at 2 routes
-> soft power play table via OpenCore
-> copy kext from 10.14.4 to 10.14.6

@smak
did you ever progress?

this is as much a note to self; and follow up to my original post in this thread:

Rather than copying from HS to MJ;
I am thinking to copy the AMD10000controller.kext from Mojave 10.14.4 to Mojave 10.14.6

you will note in my other post, that the problem shows up in 10.14.5 and continues in 10.14.6

Today after updating to OpenCore for my cMP 5,1 and uploading the Geekbench scores; I noticed that the maximum freq in HS was 1.6ghz instead of 945mhz in MJ. I thought to myself, aha I've cracked it, and this could be why the people still using VGTab have the results and I don't. However, when I checked the 10.14.4 and 10.14.6 results side by side

it appeared that both use the max frequency of 945 -- yet, there is a 50k difference in the scores; and 10.14.4 at 184k still underperforms the HS by 5-7k.

I am now looking into using VGTab with OpenCore
(my cMP4,1->5,1 is becoming more of a hackintosh than my hackintosh :eek:)
Download the Radionboost.kext add the Vega back to the info.plist that will reenable FalconSMUFW thus giving back the Benchmark performance that was lost when apple disabled to fix the RX Vega fan issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back