Radeon VII
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi there.

This is more or less my first post - so if I have something wrong (signature etc) let me know and I'll sort it asap :)

Could really do with some help. I've just 'upgraded' from an RX580 OC to a Sapphire Vega 64 Nitro+. Everything works but the performance isn't what it should be. I'm getting an OpenCL score on Geekbench of around 142 / 143k. I know is should be more like 200k. Also my BruceX (in FCPX) is about 21 seconds. Again around twice the time it should be taking.

I've been hackintoshing for some time - and I can't for the life of me work out what I'm missing here. I'm on Mojave 10.14.5 so I thought it would be plug and play at this point - but honestly my RX580 OC seems to perform better. The strange thing there is that the Geekbench and BruceX scores on both cards seems to be around the same!? I know Cinebench is crap but the RX580 actually comes out on top there with around 160fps (compared to 150fps on the Vega64)

I've tried just about every SMBIOS profile (14,3 18,1 ,19,1 etc) and I'm now on iMac Pro 1,1. Also have the latest Lilu and Whatevergreen. i9 is run-in nicely at 5ghz and all scores there are as expected. I even tried a new MoBo moving to the Z390 Master. No luck it was actually slightly worse!

I've attached my whole EFI. Can someone please help! I edit a tonne of video and really don't want to send this card back just because of pilot error :)

If I need to attach any more info just let me know.

Cheers!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    32.2 MB · Views: 293
  • Screenshot 2019-06-15 at 23.10.02.png
    Screenshot 2019-06-15 at 23.10.02.png
    378.8 KB · Views: 287
Hi there.

This is more or less my first post - so if I have something wrong (signature etc) let me know and I'll sort it asap :)

Could really do with some help. I've just 'upgraded' from an RX580 OC to a Sapphire Vega 64 Nitro+. Everything works but the performance isn't what it should be. I'm getting an OpenCL score on Geekbench of around 142 / 143k. I know is should be more like 200k. Also my BruceX (in FCPX) is about 21 seconds. Again around twice the time it should be taking.

I've been hackintoshing for some time - and I can't for the life of me work out what I'm missing here. I'm on Mojave 10.14.5 so I thought it would be plug and play at this point - but honestly my RX580 OC seems to perform better. The strange thing there is that the Geekbench and BruceX scores on both cards seems to be around the same!? I know Cinebench is crap but the RX580 actually comes out on top there with around 160fps (compared to 150fps on the Vega64)

I've tried just about every SMBIOS profile (14,3 18,1 ,19,1 etc) and I'm now on iMac Pro 1,1. Also have the latest Lilu and Whatevergreen. i9 is run-in nicely at 5ghz and all scores there are as expected. I even tried a new MoBo moving to the Z390 Master. No luck it was actually slightly worse!

I've attached my whole EFI. Can someone please help! I edit a tonne of video and really don't want to send this card back just because of pilot error :)

If I need to attach any more info just let me know.

Cheers!

Just about everyone is seeing significantly lower Geekbench scores with macOS 10.14.5. Try running LuxMark Lux Ball to see what you get.

Thanks for the reply - I've seen that people are taking a hit in 10.14.5 - is thee sort of hit I'm seeing expected. It feels like I'm over nerfed here :)

Lex came back with 29487

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-06-16 at 00.24.26.png
    Screenshot 2019-06-16 at 00.24.26.png
    119.6 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:
Thanks for the reply - I've seen that people are taking a hit in 10.14.5 - is thee sort of hit I'm seeing expected. It feels like I'm over nursed here :)

Lex came back with 29487

Your LuxMark score is about on par with all the unmodified Vega 64 scores I've seen. It looks normal.

I don't know why everyone is seeing poor Geekbench scores but I think it's strictly a Geekbench thing.

Thanks again. I guess that's reassuring. I just can't work out why I'm getting FXPX export times that are well over double other Vega 64 systems. It should cream the RX580 by all accounts but its almost identical in time.

If anyone on here with a similar Vega 64 setup on 10.14.5 and has current times for the FCPX BruceX test I’d love to hear them.

Last edited:
If anyone on here with a similar Vega 64 setup on 10.14.5 and has current times for the FCPX BruceX test I’d love to hear them.

Hi, according to your config.plist, you did not enable XCPM, so your GPU does not have proper power management, check PluginType, save and reboot. Test performance again. see screenshot.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-06-16 at 13.47.59.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-16 at 13.47.59.png
    649.3 KB · Views: 374
try this EFI,

1. rename your current EFI folder to EFI-backup
2. copy this EFI to your EFI partition
3. reboot

This one is much smaller as i deleted EFI/Apple, it is useless for hackintosh.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    14.2 MB · Views: 186
try this EFI,

1. rename your current EFI folder to EFI-backup
2. copy this EFI to your EFI partition
3. reboot

This one is much smaller as i deleted EFI/Apple, it is useless for hackintosh.

Thanks! I’ll try this today and come back with results

I made this account to say Id been having the same problems and finally gave up and went back to 10.14.3 (thanks time machine) and my brucex is back to ~10-13seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back