Intel i7 6700K
Graphics
MSI Geforce GTX 960
Mac
Classic Mac
128K, Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Guys, i'm reassembling my G5 but i ran into a problem. When i press the switch, the PC switches on, but it's like it "keeps pressing", after a few seconds the PC turns of. Also, the switch doesn't give me a real 'click' feedback...

Someone have this before? Maybe solutions?

I have a Max. VIII Gene motherboard, so i can start it with the onboard button, but thats not very practical o_O

My buildlog:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/powermac-g5/172952-jaaps-g5-mod.html

Motherboard
ASUS Maximus VII Gene
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Air, Mac mini
Classic Mac
PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
It's most likely that the button is jammed down - you can take off the front panel unit, and there is a little tab that holds the actual button in place. If I recall correctly, it's a little metal dome that buckles down to make contact, so that may be damaged.

You might also want to double check your wiring, but I would start with the button itself.

Motherboard
Asus Maximus VIII Gene
CPU
Intel i7 6700K
Graphics
MSI Geforce GTX 960
Mac
Classic Mac
128K, Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
It's most likely that the button is jammed down - you can take off the front panel unit, and there is a little tab that holds the actual button in place. If I recall correctly, it's a little metal dome that buckles down to make contact, so that may be damaged.

You might also want to double check your wiring, but I would start with the button itself.
It looks like it's a problem with the switch, can't get it to work. I ordered the Laser Hive kit, that will fix it. Also, i'm already missing my front-usb 3 port :mrgreen:

Motherboard
Asus Maximus VIII Gene
CPU
Intel i7 6700K
Graphics
MSI Geforce GTX 960
Mac
Classic Mac
128K, Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
I was thinking, maybe it has something to do with a slight incompatability between the two versions of the G5 i was using. I'm using a case which had the blue-pcb motherboard. The front panel PCB had no cable but was connected directly to the mobo. Then i put in a frontpanel-pcb from another G5 which was a green-pcb version with a cable. Maybe there is a slight difference between versions, because it worked fine out-of-case.