MSI Geforce GTX 960
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 128K
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Guys, i'm reassembling my G5 but i ran into a problem. When i press the switch, the PC switches on, but it's like it "keeps pressing", after a few seconds the PC turns of. Also, the switch doesn't give me a real 'click' feedback...

Someone have this before? Maybe solutions?

I have a Max. VIII Gene motherboard, so i can start it with the onboard button, but thats not very practical o_O

My buildlog:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/powermac-g5/172952-jaaps-g5-mod.html

It's most likely that the button is jammed down - you can take off the front panel unit, and there is a little tab that holds the actual button in place. If I recall correctly, it's a little metal dome that buckles down to make contact, so that may be damaged.

You might also want to double check your wiring, but I would start with the button itself.

It's most likely that the button is jammed down - you can take off the front panel unit, and there is a little tab that holds the actual button in place. If I recall correctly, it's a little metal dome that buckles down to make contact, so that may be damaged.

You might also want to double check your wiring, but I would start with the button itself.

It looks like it's a problem with the switch, can't get it to work. I ordered the Laser Hive kit, that will fix it. Also, i'm already missing my front-usb 3 port :mrgreen:

I was thinking, maybe it has something to do with a slight incompatability between the two versions of the G5 i was using. I'm using a case which had the blue-pcb motherboard. The front panel PCB had no cable but was connected directly to the mobo. Then i put in a frontpanel-pcb from another G5 which was a green-pcb version with a cable. Maybe there is a slight difference between versions, because it worked fine out-of-case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back