Contribute
Register

Problem with my first build

Status
Not open for further replies.
I installed ML and re-booted with my UniBeast USB and then loaded up OS via my HDD which now has ML on it. Ran MultiBeast and set the settings the same as in

http://www.tonymacx86.com/golden-builds/73112-updated-storks-thunderbolt-build-i5-3570k-ga-z77x-up5-th-gtx-650-ti-mountain-lion.html

Finished MultiBeast install and re-booted via the HDD this time, Chimera screen shows quickly followed by the usual grey Apple logo'ed boot screen, then white screen.

What have I done wrong and what should I do to rectify the problem? I was so close to completing the ML install. When I have a working OSX 10.8.2 I can then run the Migration Assistant to transfer everything from this iMac. Please help, anyone :|
If I remember correctly I was having a similar problem. Try booting with PCIRootUID=0 and GraphicsEnabler=No as a boot flag.

Setting Graphics Enabler = no did the trick.:D

So I'm now trying to transfer my data from iMac to new Hackintosh via LAN using Migration Assistant and I'm now told its only 99 hours to go. Does MA work on a Hackintosh? It didn't take too long when I transferred from MacMini to iMac some 5 years ago? :cry:

What is the best Bluetooth card that will work in OSX 10.8.2? As the WiFi/ Bluetooth card that came with my GA-Z77X-UP5-TH motherboard won't work and I want to use my Apple BT keyboard and Magic Mouse.

I have now successfully transferred all my data, email and apps from my iMac to my Hackintosh, using Migration Assistant. I remembered that I could connect the two directly using an ethernet cable. Didn't take too long in the end. Then deleted the user I had setup when installing ML. NOw I am all setup, apart from Bluetooth keyboard and mouse, for which I will have to await the arrival of the IOGear GBU521 USB Bluetooth dongle :D:D:D

Great to hear it's going well... hope that bluetooth thingy comes up trumps. How awesome is your new machine?

It's going well thanks. Not really had much time with it yet, as only finished the Migration from iMac yesterday evening and been at work today. I just ran the Geek-bench on it and achieved 13531:

Geekbench_18Feb2013.png

Andrew

Hi, me again :|

I have a FW800 G-Technology 4TB external HDD. I just bought an Apple Thunderbolt to FW800 cable converted, connected my G-Tech HDD via this converter cable and booted up. I cannot see the drive! Is there anything else I need to install? I would appreciate your advice.

Many thanks.

Sorry, false alarm. I rebooted the G-Tech HDD and OSX found it. All working :D

At least someone else, can see that it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back