Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi

I have today built my first hackintosh, well it's just a PC at the moment!

The motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5 TH

the case is a Corsair 500R

32GB RAM

Eva GeForce GTX 660 T1

PSU: Corsair 650 Watt Modulator

Monitor Dell U2700

i carefully put everything together (I've built PCs before), and when I power up with the monitor attached via DVI-D and wired Apple keyboard attached, I don't get any screen output either via MB DVI-D or graphics card, and the MB LED shows AE or if I hold down DEL key A9 or A6. I would appreciate some advise to get it to work, as I am almost tearing my hair
out!

Well I got past my last problem. I hadn't connected the SATA power cable to the ATX4P connector on the MB!

So, I can now boot into the BIOS, which I have now successfully flashed to F11 (the latest for the GA-Z77X-UP5 TH MB). I had already created a Mountain Lion UniBeast bootable flash drive with my iMac. But when I boot the computer with the USB drive connected I press the F12 key and selected the USB drive from the options, but then get told that I should add a bootable drive and press any key. Suggestions please.

Andrew

I'm re-creating the bootable USB stick and installing with UniBeast...

Well, re-creating a bootable USB stick with Mountain Lion, appears to have done the trick. ML now installing, hope it finds my iMac on the network and I can copy my stuff over :)

Get so far through the install then stops with:

"IOUSBFamily did not receive enough extra current for the SuperSpeed device (4-Port USB 3.0 Hub) at 0x14c00000..."

Any suggestions?

Is your Mountain Lion installer plugged into a USB 3 port (one of the blue ones) - try putting it in another port of the USB 2 variety.

@Thunderpants, a huge thank you to you. That did the trick OSX 10.8.2 currently installing now. Why doesn't USB3 work? Will USB3 be ok when I have finished setting up with MultiBeast?

I installed ML and re-booted with my UniBeast USB and then loaded up OS via my HDD which now has ML on it. Ran MultiBeast and set the settings the same as in

http://www.tonymacx86.com/golden-builds/73112-updated-storks-thunderbolt-build-i5-3570k-ga-z77x-up5-th-gtx-650-ti-mountain-lion.html

Finished MultiBeast install and re-booted via the HDD this time, Chimera screen shows quickly followed by the usual grey Apple logo'ed boot screen, then white screen.

What have I done wrong and what should I do to rectify the problem? I was so close to completing the ML install. When I have a working OSX 10.8.2 I can then run the Migration Assistant to transfer everything from this iMac. Please help, anyone :|

I'm re-installing ML and when I run MultiBeast I will select the Customisation option Graphics Enabler = no

Do you think that will give me a running system? I hope so.

Don't worry, USB 3 will eventually work. It's just a pain in the derriere at this stage of setting things up. (I had the same problem as I recall)

I also had that white screen problem, which drove me nuts. The only solution I found, by trial and error, was by selecting a different mac-variant in multibeast. (I think it's under : Drivers&Bootloaders > Drivers > System) So now my machine identifies itself as a "Mac Pro early 2008", which is fine with me. I tried changing it to iMac and the problem returned so I have left it the way it is. (I was clean installing Mountain Lion every time I'd try a different setting in multibeast. Not sure if that was necessary.. but it eventually worked.)

Hope that helps... I can't crack open Multibeast & check my advice right now as I daren't install it again and run it unnecessarily...

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back