Contribute
Register

Problem with intel HD 520 brightness help. (DELL 5557)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell Inspiron 5557 - Clover
CPU
i7-6500U
Graphics
GT 930m + HD 520. 1920x1080
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Good morning, I have a dell 5557 notebook and I have a problem in the brightness range.

the brightness keys work, the slider in preferences also, so the brightness is not changed, the hd520 is injected and with graphic acceleration, only the brightness does not work.

when reducing the brightness to the minimum the screen flashes, and when increasing to the maximum the brightness goes to the maximum and not low but. the strangest thing is that if you put the notebook to sleep when you return from sleep the brightness works normal, as well as the hdmi output that does not work before going to sleep.

I just need that to finish my hackintosh, the brightness and the hdmi. these only work when I return from sleep, so normally when I return from sleep the frequency of the processor works at maximum, which ends up consuming more battery power and this is not good for me. could someone please help me? I will be leaving attached my EFI folder, and the system error reports. from now on, thanks to everyone who can help me.

Config
Dell 5557, intel i7 6500u, 16gb ram.

Attachments

• PR_FILES.zip
    11.4 MB · Views: 88
  • Report.htm.zip
    1,011 bytes · Views: 42
I don't know why no one helps you. Unfortunately, I don't know how to do it... =/

enable these inconfig.plist:

Code:
<key>Fixes</key>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment-IRQ Fix</key>
                <string>The following fixes may be needed for onboard audio/USB/etc</string>
                <key>FixHPET</key>
                <false/>
                <key>FixIPIC</key>
                <false/>
                <key>FixRTC</key>
                <false/>
                <key>FixTMR</key>
                <false/>
                <key>FixWAK</key>
                <true/>
            </dict>

also replace config,plist from laptop guide, you have things in there not needed

also MacBookPro13,1 is a better choice of SMBIOS

AppleBacklightFixup.kext is not needed anymore with latest whatevergreen.kext

GenericUSBXHCI.kext shouldn't be needed

SMCHelper.efi should also be removed

enable these inconfig.plist:

Code:
<key>Fixes</key>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment-IRQ Fix</key>
                <string>The following fixes may be needed for onboard audio/USB/etc</string>
                <key>FixHPET</key>
                <false/>
                <key>FixIPIC</key>
                <false/>
                <key>FixRTC</key>
                <false/>
                <key>FixTMR</key>
                <false/>
                <key>FixWAK</key>
                <true/>
            </dict>

also replace config,plist from laptop guide, you have things in there not needed

also MacBookPro13,1 is a better choice of SMBIOS

AppleBacklightFixup.kext is not needed anymore with latest whatevergreen.kext

GenericUSBXHCI.kext shouldn't be needed

SMCHelper.efi should also be removed
Thanks for helping me.

I activated the recommended options and deleted the suggested kexts and drives, but even so I was not successful, nothing changed in the system, so I downloaded the hd520 config.plist from hehabman and used it for the boot, the only change I noticed was that the minimum frequency of the subtle processor from 0.9 to 1.2 ghz.

The glow works well after the system is put to rest and resuming, I do not know how to proceed, because the glow only works after returning from sleep. could confihuir my clover folder for me? I know I'm asking a lot and I'm sorry for that, but I already read several guides and I don't know what to do anymore.

I don't know why no one helps you. Unfortunately, I don't know how to do it... =/

Thank you for having the intention, just the fact that you want to help me already makes me happy.

Thanks for helping me.

I activated the recommended options and deleted the suggested kexts and drives, but even so I was not successful, nothing changed in the system, so I downloaded the hd520 config.plist from hehabman and used it for the boot, the only change I noticed was that the minimum frequency of the subtle processor from 0.9 to 1.2 ghz.

The glow works well after the system is put to rest and resuming, I do not know how to proceed, because the glow only works after returning from sleep. could confihuir my clover folder for me? I know I'm asking a lot and I'm sorry for that, but I already read several guides and I don't know what to do anymore.
if you have made changes then you will need to upload new problem reporting files

Use this tool and upload your problem reporting files:

[QUOTE = "Feartech, postagem: 2083372, membro: 877703"]
se você fez alterações, será necessário fazer o upload de novos arquivos de relatórios de problemas

Use esta ferramenta e faça o upload dos arquivos de relatórios de problemas:
[URL unfurl = "true"] https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/tool-generate-proper-problem-reporting-files.235953/ [/ URL]
[/ CITAR]

Hello good night, sorry for the delay, I was trying to generate the error report more unfortunately the tool suggested didn't work for me, and I don't know how to generate the report manually, I would have to solve this tool problem or some other suggestion to correct my brightness . the brightness works after sleep, as well as the HDMI.

Attachments

• Captura de Tela 2020-04-02 às 20.42.21.png
    Captura de Tela 2020-04-02 às 20.42.21.png
    34.5 KB · Views: 54

Attachments

• 5557 Hot Patch V1.zip
    6.4 MB · Views: 114
Last edited:
Thank you Drfrag, I used this pack. and I noticed several improvements, I have a slider in the system preferences, but the brightness doesn’t change slowing down, it just turns off when it reaches the end and doesn’t turn on again, just restarting, I noticed that my power management is better, and my video memory has increased to 2048mb, that was very good, another good thing I noticed was that now my hdmi audio works, but the image is only on the second screen, it does not appear on the integrated screen of the notebook. although this is not my main problem but it helped a lot, my trackap didn't work any gesture and neither did the right button, just the click. and to activate my wifi I added the voodooI2C kext to your pack. Doubt, did you use my dsdt files? I can keep using this EFI folder because it looks better than mine. is there anything else we can do to try to resolve the brightness and the trackpad? but once thanks.

[Update]

After putting the notebook to sleep and resuming, the image appears on the notebook screen and on the external monitor, the brightness also works after returning from sleep. only the brightness range that does not seem to reach the maximum because the screen is not very bright, that is, it does not seem to go up to the maximum brightness supporting the screen. in the system preferences the trackpad does not appear, his preferences are empty.

Attachments

• Captura de Tela 2020-04-04 às 11.59.38.png
    Captura de Tela 2020-04-04 às 11.59.38.png
    831 KB · Views: 88
  • Captura de Tela 2020-04-04 às 12.37.42.png
    Captura de Tela 2020-04-04 às 12.37.42.png
    29.3 KB · Views: 83
  • IOreg_Dell_5557_ricardo.ioreg
    10.4 MB · Views: 47
  • Relatorio de Falhas do console.zip
    26 KB · Views: 70
Last edited: