Motherboard
Microsoft surface pro 5 (Opencore)
CPU
Intel i7 7660U
Graphics
Intel Iris Plus 640
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello, I have installed Catalina on my surface pro 5 (i7 7660U, Iris plus 640) using OpenCore 0.7.0, initially it boots and I can get into the system, but everything is very small and the performance is quite slow, I checked the display and it seems to be recognized as a external display:
PXL_20210626_174314191.jpg

From Hackintool I found out I seem to have entered the incorrect platform id for the iGPU and the system doesn't identify the model correctly, so I went on and changed it to 02002659 in the config.plist as seen below
PXL_20210626_174326543.jpg

However after that when I boot it goes to black screen after IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLock..., I tried all the solutions in the Opencore guide including adding -igfixblr and adding enable-backlight-registers-fix but it still doesnt work. Tried different platform id such as 00001B59 still doesnt work.
Does anyone have any idea how to fix it? Somehow I can only boot if I have the wrong device id...
Attached my EFI, Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    23.4 MB · Views: 76
Hello, I have installed Catalina on my surface pro 5 (i7 7660U, Iris plus 640) using OpenCore 0.7.0, initially it boots and I can get into the system, but everything is very small and the performance is quite slow, I checked the display and it seems to be recognized as a external display:
View attachment 522939
From Hackintool I found out I seem to have entered the incorrect platform id for the iGPU and the system doesn't identify the model correctly, so I went on and changed it to 02002659 in the config.plist as seen below
View attachment 522940
However after that when I boot it goes to black screen after IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLock..., I tried all the solutions in the Opencore guide including adding -igfixblr and adding enable-backlight-registers-fix but it still doesnt work. Tried different platform id such as 00001B59 still doesnt work.
Does anyone have any idea how to fix it? Somehow I can only boot if I have the wrong device id...
Attached my EFI, Thanks in advance!

Hello.

The Device ID for the Intel Iris Pro 640 you have entered in the DeviceProperties section of your config.plist is formatted incorrectly. You seem to have reversed all the bits rather than just the bytes.

You have: 20006295

Whereas it probably should be: 02002659

Give it a try. :thumbup:

Hello.

The Device ID for the Intel Iris Pro 640 you have entered in the DeviceProperties section of your config.plist is formatted incorrectly. You seem to have reversed all the bits rather than just the bytes.

You have: 20006295

Whereas it probably should be: 02002659

Give it a try. :thumbup:
I reverted back to the wrong device id to be able to boot into the system, I have tried 02002659 but that's when I came to the problem of having black screen after the code on boot up:crazy:

I reverted back to the wrong device id to be able to boot into the system, I have tried 02002659 but that's when I came to the problem of having black screen after the code on boot up:crazy:

Okay.

I'm not an expert on Surface laptops, but a Search of our site (always recommended) threw up this build post:

Is that similar hardware? I know it's Clover, not OpenCore, but maybe some pointers?

:)

Okay.

I'm not an expert on Surface laptops, but a Search of our site (always recommended) threw up this build post:

Is that similar hardware? I know it's Clover, not OpenCore, but maybe some pointers?

:)
The i7 one should be the same hardware, I looked into it and it also uses 0x59260002 as their platform id, so it should be right....
Actually at the start I used the efi in that post to install using clover, but I never managed to solve being stuck at +++++ so I made a switch to Opencore. I wonder if it indicates any problem?

The i7 one should be the same hardware, I looked into it and it also uses 0x59260002 as their platform id, so it should be right....
Actually at the start I used the efi in that post to install using clover, but I never managed to solve being stuck at +++++ so I made a switch to Opencore. I wonder if it indicates any problem?

Yes, the row of "+" can often indicate an aptio memory fix problem in Clover. It is not so common with OpenCore.

From your initial description the problem does seem iGPU related. If you have tried the suggested device-IDs then try spoofing a known common one like the Coffee Lake UHD 630 to see if you get further.

Yes, the row of "+" can often indicate an aptio memory fix problem in Clover. It is not so common with OpenCore.

From your initial description the problem does seem iGPU related. If you have tried the suggested device-IDs then try spoofing a known common one like the Coffee Lake UHD 630 to see if you get further.
By spoofing I assume you mean adding device-id and use the device id of UHD 630? In that case I used 0x3E928086 and good news- I can boot into the system using the correct platform id:p
The bad news is it doesn't seems to change anything- display is not fixed, in hackintool the device id changed to 0x80868086 and still can't recognize the model
PXL_20210626_205812094.jpg

I tried to spoof the device-id to 0x59268086 as well but it still returns to 0x80868086...

By spoofing I assume you mean adding device-id and use the device id of UHD 630? In that case I used 0x3E928086 and good news- I can boot into the system using the correct platform id:p
The bad news is it doesn't seems to change anything- display is not fixed, in hackintool the device id changed to 0x80868086 and still can't recognize the model
View attachment 522960
I tried to spoof the device-id to 0x59268086 as well but it still returns to 0x80868086...

Okay. Well the desktop spoofs - which means injecting a fake device-ID into the system for one which is recognised - are slightly different to laptop spoofs.

So, desktop = 07009B3E

Laptop = 0900A53E

These are not set in stone, just ideas to try. In both cases I've reversed the byte order already. IIRC these two are for UHD630.

Okay. Well the desktop spoofs - which means injecting a fake device-ID into the system for one which is recognised - are slightly different to laptop spoofs.

So, desktop = 07009B3E

Laptop = 0900A53E

These are not set in stone, just ideas to try. In both cases I've reversed the byte order already. IIRC these two are for UHD630.
But it is still the same, putting the id under PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0) right? I did it but still no difference unfortunately.
I keep searching and found a opencore efi for surface pro 4 (Link), tried to edit the config.plist and boot but only get a lot of ACPI Errors, a In Memory Panic and restart.
Although I noticed when booting with that efi the apple logo is larger, wonder if there's anything in there that can solve the issue...
It seems to have alot of extra ACPI files, not sure how much of them are compatible with surface pro 5:confused:

UPDATE:
Found a efi for surface pro 6, I just replaced it without any modifications and it successfully boot up with iGPU and other issue fixed:headbang: For now everything works other than the usual wifi, bluebooth and battery indicator, I'm beyond impressed:)
Dropped the file if anyone needs it!

Attachments

• EFI-OC0.67-mod-SP6-210328.zip
    29.5 MB · Views: 122
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back