Contribute
Register

Problem with HDMI output on dual GPU laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
oooops... My laptop isn't a high-end one and the BIOS is as simple as rubbish. No switch for disabling iGPU :banghead:

Yes, it's just in the Win10 settings app, advanced display settings or sth like that. When I attach a monitor through HDMI, I can see which GPU it's connected to. It's definitely connected to the dGPU.
you may be able to mod your bios to show extra options that may allow you to do this

I'm not very good at predicting the future. You will need to test/experiment and see what happens.
I installed another copy of macOS 10.13.6, dropped SSDT-Disable-dGPU.aml, installed WebDriver, checked NvidiaWeb in config.plist, and injected NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext. But the WebDriver detects nothing and the only result is that I get NVIDIA Chip Model with 0MB VRAM alongside my HD630 in System Report.
If problem reporting file is required, I'll attach it later.

Furthermore, I googled around and found some info about my laptop that might help:
upload_2018-10-27_12-48-53.png

it confirms that my laptop is using Optimus, and the HDMI does connect to GTX1050 : ( So bad.
And... I haven't found such structure ending up in success before...

you may be able to mod your bios to show extra options that may allow you to do this
Do I have to do this to get my dGPU working? First it seems hard since my BIOS is write-protected, furthermore, I'm afraid that disabling iGPU might somehow get my laptop bricked.

Do I have to do this to get my dGPU working? First it seems hard since my BIOS is write-protected, furthermore, I'm afraid that disabling iGPU might somehow get my laptop bricked.
it is something you may have to research as i don't have the same laptop as you. some bios mods may be able to disable/enable certain settings. it may be worth checking out bios-mods.com

I installed another copy of macOS 10.13.6, dropped SSDT-Disable-dGPU.aml, installed WebDriver, checked NvidiaWeb in config.plist, and injected NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext. But the WebDriver detects nothing and the only result is that I get NVIDIA Chip Model with 0MB VRAM alongside my HD630 in System Report.
If problem reporting file is required, I'll attach it later.

Furthermore, I googled around and found some info about my laptop that might help:
View attachment 360739
it confirms that my laptop is using Optimus, and the HDMI does connect to GTX1050 : ( So bad.
And... I haven't found such structure ending up in success before...
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Wow great! Finally got some useful info I'm in bad need for. I'm gonna check it out : ) Thank you!!
Hey, I have the same problem with my HDMI output. Have you found any solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back