i9-9980XE
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
The update went smooth, but I have problem with the caps lock button.

As soon as I press the caps lock button, the keyboard disconnects from the computer.

It also happened on my other 9900K computer with different keyboard and mouse.

Does anyone happen to know how to solve this?

Screen Shot 2019-07-22 at 11.48.26.png

The update went smooth, but I have problem with the caps lock button.

As soon as I press the caps lock button, the keyboard disconnects from the computer.

It also happened on my other 9900K computer with different keyboard and mouse.

Does anyone happen to know how to solve this?

View attachment 417963
I too had this problem and I tried to solve it but I couldn't. it's definitely a bug in Catalina and it seems that they broke something that was fine in previous betas. From public beta 1 up until the last public beta things just seemed to get worse. Apple has just released Mojave 10.14.6 and I installed it and the problem is gone. My theory is that now since they're officially done with Mojave then they will focus all resources to improving Catalina and getting it ready for the release of the Mac Pro. From now on the betas can only possibly get better so the only thing I'm doing for now is waiting for the release of the next beta and hopefully the problem gets fixed. By the way I too have a radeon vii in my system and it's a beast.

I too had this problem and I tried to solve it but I couldn't. it's definitely a bug in Catalina and it seems that they broke something that was fine in previous betas. From public beta 1 up until the last public beta things just seemed to get worse. Apple has just released Mojave 10.14.6 and I installed it and the problem is gone. My theory is that now since they're officially done with Mojave then they will focus all resources to improving Catalina and getting it ready for the release of the Mac Pro. From now on the betas can only possibly get better so the only thing I'm doing for now is waiting for the release of the next beta and hopefully the problem gets fixed. By the way I too have a radeon vii in my system and it's a beast.

Thanks for the reply :)
We'll wait for the next beta

In connection with Radeon Vii
He is definitely a beast... so I put 2 in my system
Hopefully everything will work perfect with Mac Pro and SMBIOS when it comes out

67235763_1176627539176416_511711929882902528_o.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-07-22 at 11.56.51.png

Same problem on my ... We wait for the solution to arrive and in the meantime we keep our finger on the shift.

There are a couple of options out there until Apple gets around to this:

1.) Use a keyboard that reports itself to the system profiler as an Apple built keyboard (or use an actual Apple built keyboard). Note: the problem does not occur for all non Apple built keyboards, but most of the reports read that way.

2.) Go to System Preferences > Keyboard > keyboard tab and click on the "Modifier Keys..." button in the bottom right and set the Caps Lock Key Action to 'No action'. This effectively turns off the caps lock key, so if you accidentally hit it you will not lose your keyboard. Remember to turn this back off after the issue is fixed.

Most likely everyone has this problem. Nothing, we will wait for the correction of the error.
The question may be off topic, but you can somehow include USB 3.0 in HP Z420, Texas Instruments TUSB7320/7340?

an update has just appeared ... now when you press the caps, the keyboard does not turn off, but the caps do not work))
at least with me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back