2,71 GHz Intel Core i5 quad-core
Graphics
Sapphire Radeon RX 580 4 GB GDDR5
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone.
after installing High Sierra the pc can not boot from the SSD showing me this screen. with the inserted USB I am shown this screen of choice where I can start from ssd os x just installed (very slow).
the same applies if I unplug the key. needless to add that I tried to change the boot order from the bios, updated the bios, but without success.
what could I do? thank you all

MOBO: Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H
CPU intel i5
NVIDIA MSI N750 Ti TF 2GD5 / OC GPU

Attachments

• IMG_4652.JPG
    IMG_4652.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 106
  • IMG_4651.JPG
    IMG_4651.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 103
what could I do?
If you are able to boot from the USB Installer:
Copy the EFI folder of your usb installer drive to the desktop, now mount the EFI partition of your hard drive, find and delete the EFI folder that is currently on the hard drive and replace it with the one you copied from the usb drive - Now reboot and you should be able to boot without the aid of the usb drive.

thanks for the consideration.
I try and let you know.

If you are able to boot from the USB Installer:
Copy the EFI folder of your usb installer drive to the desktop, now mount the EFI partition of your hard drive, find and delete the EFI folder that is currently on the hard drive and replace it with the one you copied from the usb drive - Now reboot and you should be able to boot without the aid of the usb drive.

unfortunately on the desktop only the partition is installed with the installe of high sierra with a blank folder named EFI Backup but inside there is nothing.
where am I wrong?
thank you

unfortunately on the desktop only the partition is installed with the installe of high sierra with a blank folder named EFI Backup but inside there is nothing.
where am I wrong?
You need to mount the EFI partition first.

Ok I mounted the partition with EFI mounter V3, and copied the EFI folder on the desktop, after I opened clover configurator and I mounted the HD EFI, I replaced the EFI with the USB and I restarted .... NOTHING!
I restarted again and in the bios I chose as boot select UEFI OS and restarting now I am presented this jokes.
grazie

Attachments

• IMG_4660.JPG
    IMG_4660.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 90
I'm also having this exact same issue. I have 5 icons showing on my Clover boot. I can only boot using the USB thumb drive. Installation of High Sierra went fine. It's just this boot issue that's a minor inconvenience. My only solution is to continue using the USB drive right now unless someone has some thoughts on how to correct this.

High Sierra installed with APFS. UEFI boot. Everything works great except for this boot to hard drive issue right now. Thanks in advance for the help/suggestions too!

Asus P8P67-M pro, B3 revision with latest bios
Intel Sandy Bridge i5 2500K 3.3Ghz
8GM RAM
ATI Radeon HD5850
Intel 80GB SSD

I'm also having this exact same issue. I have 5 icons showing on my Clover boot. I can only boot using the USB thumb drive. Installation of High Sierra went fine. It's just this boot issue that's a minor inconvenience. My only solution is to continue using the USB drive right now unless someone has some thoughts on how to correct this.

High Sierra installed with APFS. UEFI boot. Everything works great except for this boot to hard drive issue right now. Thanks in advance for the help/suggestions too!

Asus P8P67-M pro, B3 revision with latest bios
Intel Sandy Bridge i5 2500K 3.3Ghz
8GM RAM
ATI Radeon HD5850
Intel 80GB SSD

follow exactly what BreBo suggested in previous posts. it's a simple procedure.
good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back