Asus z390-a
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hey Peepz,

I have build my machine in february and up until now I had no problems at all and just now it seems that my Vega has no connection at all. I tried to attach the HDMi to the mainboard and it worked so it seems to be the graphics card as there is a display port and hdmi connecting issue. This is weird as it never happend before. Any ideas what could be wrong?

My config
Asus PRIME Z390-A
ASUS ROG STRIX RX VEGA 64 OC
Intel Core i7-9700K

Hi, i was browsing for answers as I have the same issue here. I recently updated drivers ti 19.7.2, may it be related?

I want to buy this GF card
did you solved your problems?

Asus Z370-F
I7 8700K
32 Gb ram 3000
Sapphire nitro vega 64

With my team it goes perfect, no problem, everything works
SMBIOS in clover 19,2

Important, check the dimensions of your tower, the card is very large and does not enter any tower.

Last edited:
I have very similar setup:
but facing another issue. My motherboard refuses to detect Vega card after power on. You know these four onboard Q-LED lights — CPU, Memory, VGA, Boot. System simply won't pass VGA test — white LED doesn't stop glowing and PC won't continue to boot. One workaround is to turn power off, wait for 5-10 seconds and then turn on again. This time the GPU card successfully passes the test and system will boot and work without any issue — HDMI or DP, games or torture tests — all flawless.

I bought this Vega from my friend, he didn't have such issues while using this card in his rig. I also tested this GPU in another PC (Asus Z97) — it starts immediately and flawlessly. I tried another test — put my older GTX 970 into the Z390 board — it will boot but VGA LED won't go (like there's an error but it's really not!). I even blew the dust from my ancient GT-240 card — this time MB passed all tests successfully.

So I think I have an issue with my motherboard (((

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back