ATI
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all!
I'm new in Hackintosh. I have created a pen with Mountain Lion using Unibeast and I have installed it in a Sony Vaio.

In the beginning, all runs OK but wireless and audio don't work. I have searched a lot of information on the net and I get two conclusions.

- One of them it's about the wireless card. Using System Info app I got the details of my hardware. The wireless network adapter is Atheros AR9485 and nobody can make it work.
No problem, I bought an USB WiFi adapter which is compatible with Hackintosh.

- The other issue is the Audio, my current problem. I have tried a lot of guides, tutorials and advices without good results. My Audio hardware by "System Info" app the following:

Ven ID: 8086
Vendor: Intel Corporation
Dev ID: 1c20
Device: 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family High Definition Audio Controller
Class: Multimedia controller
Subclass: Audio device

But in Win7 with AIDA64 (old Everest) I get more details:

Device description: Realtek ALC269
Device ID: 10EC-0269 (I think 0269 is the Dev ID and 10ec is the Ven ID)

With this specs I looked for a lot of kext, with guides to modify it, etc.
I was able to hear sound with Voodoo HDA kext 0.2.7.3 of Multibeast 5.1.3 but I got random Kernel Panics when the system is going to boot. Can anyone help me with this?a

Device description: Realtek ALC269
Device ID: 10EC-0269 (I think 0269 is the Dev ID and 10ec is the Ven ID)

With this specs I looked for a lot of kext, with guides to modify it, etc.
I was able to hear sound with Voodoo HDA kext 0.2.7.3 of Multibeast 5.1.3 but I got random Kernel Panics when the system is going to boot. Can anyone help me with this?a
The only MultiBeast solution is Voodoo. Otherwise, search for a ALC269 edit ML AppleHDA.kext.

Finally sound with ALC269

I have a Samsung NP300e4 laptop with the same wireless and sound devices. Like you, had to settle for a wifi adapter. And I also struggled with the audio... until I installed VooDooHDA v2.8.0 (64bit I believe). Clean alert sounds and audio from Flash videos. I don't think my internal mic works (been tweaking the plist with no luck), and don't know about other sound out. But I was thrilled just to get alert and general audio finally. And I didn't have to change anything - just installed and it work - no KPs at all with this. So it's at least a good baseline to work/test from anyway. Your experience may be different, but it's worth a try if you're still searching.
http://www.osx86.net/view/2746-voodoohda_2.8.0_pkg_installer.html

Thanks
MrAtariMac for posting a solution for my dell optiplex 7010 audio problem....works slick now....still testing the other parts of it....but at least can listen to music while I do it...lol

I have a Samsung NP300e4 laptop with the same wireless and sound devices. Like you, had to settle for a wifi adapter. And I also struggled with the audio... until I installed VooDooHDA v2.8.0 (64bit I believe). Clean alert sounds and audio from Flash videos. I don't think my internal mic works (been tweaking the plist with no luck), and don't know about other sound out. But I was thrilled just to get alert and general audio finally. And I didn't have to change anything - just installed and it work - no KPs at all with this. So it's at least a good baseline to work/test from anyway. Your experience may be different, but it's worth a try if you're still searching.
http://www.osx86.net/view/2746-voodoohda_2.8.0_pkg_installer.html

I have same audio device in my IBM ThinkCenter M30 machine and was not able to get audio to work with any other method including installing Voodoo through MultiBeast. But with the pacakage at above link made it work! Thank you so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back