CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
So far, I have not had any problems updating to the previous beta versions, but for some reason the latest Beta 7 update just keeps failing.

Here's a summary of what's happening:

1. Using OpenCore version 0.7.3
2. Updating directly via Mac update
3. The update finishes and the system restarts
4. Upon restart, the system boots from the new "Mackintosh HD" volume by default
5. The progress bar suddenly moves ahead a little bit (pretty fast) and stops... then the system restarts in about 3,4 seconds
6. This time the main mac HD is selected by default. The system boots back into the OS without an update.

I have SecureBootModel disabled.

Any suggestions?

So far, I have not had any problems updating to the previous beta versions, but for some reason the latest Beta 7 update just keeps failing.

Here's a summary of what's happening:

1. Using OpenCore version 0.7.3
2. Updating directly via Mac update
3. The update finishes and the system restarts
4. Upon restart, the system boots from the new "Mackintosh HD" volume by default
5. The progress bar suddenly moves ahead a little bit (pretty fast) and stops... then the system restarts in about 3,4 seconds
6. This time the main mac HD is selected by default. The system boots back into the OS without an update.

I have SecureBootModel disabled.

Any suggestions?

Update to a OpenCore 0.7.4 build which you can find here (6107bc9 or newer)

Ok, I might have missed it, but is this some known issue woth OC 0.7.3?

Yeah, apple made some changes in beta 7 so the easiest way to install going forward is OC 0.74 and up. Since OC 0.7.4 isn’t officially out, you can either build it yourself or use the dortania builds I listed above

Yeah, apple made some changes in beta 7 so the easiest way to install going forward is OC 0.74 and up. Since OC 0.7.4 isn’t officially out, you can either build it yourself or use the dortania builds I listed above
Perfect. Thanks for the clarification!

Perfect. Thanks for the clarification!
I had the same issue. some SMBIOSs won't let you install. apparently iMacPro1,1 is one of them. I changed it to iMac17,1 temporarily and it worked. you have to start the installation over from the beginning, or at least I had to.

I had the same issue. some SMBIOSs won't let you install. apparently iMacPro1,1 is one of them. I changed it to iMac17,1 temporarily and it worked. you have to start the installation over from the beginning, or at least I had to.
Well, my SMBIOS is iMac19,2 and I am facing this issue only with Beta 7. The previous 6 Betas istalled without a hitch. Gonna try the OC 7.4 suggestion later tonight.

Well, my SMBIOS is iMac19,2 and I am facing this issue only with Beta 7. The previous 6 Betas istalled without a hitch. Gonna try the OC 7.4 suggestion later tonight.
I too made the necessary OC config adjustments for beta6, but it didn't work with beta7. I tried out 0.7.4 as well. whatever you try, make sure you run the update from the beginning for each thing you try. from my experience it seemed to matter. Hopefully someone will figure out exactly what is causing this issue.

You posted this post after Beta 8 had been released.

You posted this post after Beta 8 had been released.
Well, since I can't update to Beta 7 yet, I probably won't get a notification about Beta 8?

Update: Well, looks like it did work after all. Installed OpenCore 0.7.4. Noticed the new Beta 8 update in System Preferences. Started the update process and it installed without a hitch!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back