RT 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello, hope someone can help here...

I have done a direct upgrade from HS to Catalina with no success. Every time I reboot at end of first installation, I get stuck to the Apple logo with no progress bar.

If I upgrade from Clover 4961 to any 5xxx (I followed the tutorial here). I am again stuck to Apple logo.. no progress bar

Starting in verbose mode, I got once the following:

End Setcconsolemode
start loadkernelfromstream
end loadkernelfromstream
Start initbootstruct
root device uuid is '(my uuid)'
End initbootstruct
start loadramdisk
end loadramdisk
start finalizebootStruct
start randomseed
end randomseed

I am now with Mojave recognizing the card as a 7GB card. What to do to get Catalina up and running?

Thanks for your kind help. :)

Hello, an update here.

I managed to update clover to v5120. Now i can boot into Mojave, choose the Install via the Update, and then reboot and start from "Mac OS Install" drive. the progress bar appear, but after a few little progress it reboot.
i still have the "Mac OS Install" available, but if i choose it i only get the same loop. Starting in -v don't seems to affect.

Any idea?

changed the title.

Any advice? :)

at least to know if that means "restart from scratch and build a bootable USB" or simply adding or removing a kext or an entry in the EFI config will solve the trick. Also, if you think this has been discussed already, please point me to the topic. So far i have followed all instructions i could find on this forum.

there is an example of EFI to help you, catalina and Z170-UD5-TH.

you may check version clover, and use 5122 could be better. (EFI inbside may not the same, in driver
you need BIOS, off and UEFI, no more driverufeif or driverUEFI64, all driver ar in UEFI, and when not use, present in OFF

Thanks, will try v5122. hopefully i can go through :thumbup:

i am now on catalina 10.5.7, all looks fine, except i can only have HDMI working.

I am on SMBIO imac19,2 and clover 5120. why i can't have the displayport to work?

you need to DP->HDMI (see hackintools for patch)

good luck

Well, i find out that changing the port and use the one next to the HDMI works.. thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back