Graphics
Nvidia GeForce 550 GTX Fi
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone I am sorry if my problem has already been answered, it's just that I couldn't find a solution for it.
I basically want to install hackintosh on my PC, but I keep getting the restart at Darwin booting and I struggled for over a week now with every known commands.
The thing is that the bootloader kicks in, but right after "starting " something... message appears, it restarts... Over and over again.

My configuration is:
Asus P7H55E
i3 - 540
4GB DDR 3 - 1333Mhz
160 GB HDD Sata (I have previously installed Windows 7 on it)
DVD Writer on Sata
Nvidia GeForce 7600GT

I also tried following tonymac's blog guides, but I can't follow them (for a fresh install)

My BIOS settings are on AHCI, the boot priority is fine (since I'm booting from the DVD)
I also have a Mac Mini 2.1, Mac OS X Snow Leopard retail DVD, Mac OS X version 10.5.2 retail DVD and in 2 CD's version as well. I just wanna know what to do with them.

Please please please help me ! I am really desperate.

PS: My goal is to still keep the Windows 7 installation.

I think its bad new for your windows install, You could clone it to a backup drive, give the original drive completely to osx but partition in disk utility (under customisation during setup) and donate a partition to windows. Alternately, dive in and make the move - manually transfer your files and data across post install or use parallels or transporter.

Parhelion said:
Hello everyone I am sorry if my problem has already been answered, it's just that I couldn't find a solution for it.
I basically want to install hackintosh on my PC, but I keep getting the restart at Darwin booting and I struggled for over a week now with every known commands.
The thing is that the bootloader kicks in, but right after "starting " something... message appears, it restarts... Over and over again.

My configuration is:
Asus P7H55E
i3 - 540
4GB DDR 3 - 1333Mhz
DVD Writer on Sata
Nvidia GeForce 7600GT

I also tried following tonymac's blog guides, but I can't follow them (for a fresh install)

My BIOS settings are on AHCI, the boot priority is fine (since I'm booting from the DVD)
I also have a Mac Mini 2.1, Mac OS X Snow Leopard retail DVD, Mac OS X version 10.5.2 retail DVD and in 2 CD's version as well. I just wanna know what to do with them.

You want to keep your Windows 7 installation on your hard disk? I am afraid that may not be possible if you do not have a second hard disk. Mac OSX Snow Leopard (forget about Leopard since it is not supported here) requires that the hard disk be initialized in a format called GPT (GUID Partition Table) while your Windows hard disk is most probably in a format called MBR (Master Boot Record) which is incompatible with Mac OSX Snow Leopard.

If you REALLY want to install Mac OSX Snow Leopard on your system AND you want to keep your Windows 7 installation, then I would recommend you get a new hard disk and install Mac OSX on that.

And, have you downloaded iBoot (available in the download section) and burnt it to a CD? You need to boot your system with the iBoot CD and then, and only then, insert the Snow Leopard retail DVD and the system will continue to boot from the Snow Leopard DVD.

Parhelion said:

My configuration is:
Asus P7H55E
i3 - 540
4GB DDR 3 - 1333Mhz
DVD Writer on Sata
Nvidia GeForce 7600GT

I used to have 7600gt and it only supports 32-bit
Bios:
AHCI Mode is ok
HPET must be 64-bit
SMART-must be enabled

HDD:
I think your HDD partition map is Master Boot Record which is default for Windows (NTFS) You should search for installing OS X on MBR if you don' want to loose Windows 7. But i don't know much about installing on mbr.
-http://www.insanelymac.com
-http://www.kexts.com
-http://www.projectosx.com/forum/
-http://prasys.info/osx86hackint0sh/ - You can download bootcd for core i series from here.
-http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page - Chek here if your hardware is compatible.
these links will be helpfull.

Make sure you have the right bootcd thats compatible with your Motherboard. Probably that's why an error appears and restarts the pc.

You should post that appearing message as well, and boot with -v and collect which error occurs and post it here so, i can give more specific information.

Ok so basically I am willing to let Windows go, cause at this moment MAC OS X is more important to me...

@MAK 1: Are you trying to say that my graphics card won't work?
@Jamesbond007: I do not understand how this iBoot thing works. It's just a 20 Mb file. I should just burn this iso image on a CD?

I ran the bootloader with -v mode and the last 2 things it displays are:
Loading HFS+ file: [System/Library/extensions/mktext] from 422f300.

Parhelion said:
Ok so basically I am willing to let Windows go, cause at this moment MAC OS X is more important to me...

@MAK 1: Are you trying to say that my graphics card won't work?
@Jamesbond007: I do not understand how this iBoot thing works. It's just a 20 Mb file. I should just burn this iso image on a CD?

I ran the bootloader with -v mode and the last 2 things it displays are:
Loading HFS+ file: [System/Library/extensions/mktext] from 422f300.

Your GPU will work but in only 32-bit mode, i had a lot of research and try for it and no success, its been a year i quit search and i have a new gpu fully compatible.
Use your windows image burner to burn that iboot to cd actually if you double click on the iso burner will pop-up, then put cd in burn it, Configure your bios to boot from cd so that you can access the bootloader screen.

I managed to follow tonymac's guide with iBoot and Multibeast, but I got an "Install failed" message after installing Multibeast.

I know get a nasty screen filled with errors when booting from Hard-Disk, and a message in several languages tells me to unpower the computer from the Button.

On the other hand, booting with iBoot CD works just fine.

Parhelion said:
I managed to follow tonymac's guide with iBoot and Multibeast, but I got an "Install failed" message after installing Multibeast.

I know get a nasty screen filled with errors when booting from Hard-Disk, and a message in several languages tells me to unpower the computer from the Button.

On the other hand, booting with iBoot CD works just fine.

You need to install necessary extensions from multi beast for your motherboard to boot up from harddisk.
-Choose Mac Pro 3.1 as your system definition.
-Install what you have see in the picture, you can add network and audio later.

Your installation will most likely to work if it doesn't try to collect errors from that nasty screen Thats Kernel Panic Screen.

Attachments

• mbeast.png
    mbeast.png
    101.6 KB · Views: 148
I selected the options in Multibeast exactly as you indicated, I got a succes on the installation, but it still doesn't load from HDD. Actually, it crashed one time with iBoot as well.

Is there any hope left for me to boot from HDD?

Parhelion said:
I selected the options in Multibeast exactly as you indicated, I got a succes on the installation, but it still doesn't load from HDD. Actually, it crashed one time with iBoot as well.

Is there any hope left for me to boot from HDD?

Make sure you configured your bios right. Use AHCI mode for sata HDD
Try to install chameleon.

Attachments

• Chameleon RC5 752 Lion+Snow.pkg.zip
    1,013.5 KB · Views: 44
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back