i7
Graphics
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm having an issue which is causing me a lot of confusion.

I have a working 10.8 system via Unibeast. I have recently cloned this via CC Cloner, which I understand copies the startup volume verbatim but not the boot loading partition. In order to test the backup I have started up with the Unibeast installer USB and then selected the backup drive, which is offered in Chimera up as a startup option.

Inspite of this being (I think) a perfect clone of my startup drive when I boot (using the -v switch) the boot appears to begin but I then get the following error and startup fails.

Boot0: GPT
Boot: test
Boot: test
Boot0: done
Boot1: /boot

I'm wondering if there is anything that I need to modify in either the clone settings or on startup to enable it?

You need to install boot track with Chimera or Multibeast.
If your drive is large format (boot 0 error problem) you need to fix that.

I'm wondering if there is anything that I need to modify in either the clone settings or on startup to enable it?
When you clone your working drive to a backup using either CCC or SD, the cloning process does not clone the boot files in the HDD MBR or the partition MBR. You need to either run MultiBeast and select only Chimera and install it to the cloned drive or use the stand alone Chimera installer to install Chimera.

Sorry for the massive delay - I stupidly posted just before going on vacation and have been playing catchup ever since.

Thanks for the suggestions. Two questions:

A) shouldn't starting up with the installer USB allow me to boot? The idea is to startup and then install Multibeast or chimera.

B) What do you mean by large format? Shouldn't the cloning process maintain the same format as the original?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back