Graphics
Intel UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello folks,

I purchased and downloaded some apps from Mac App store. Downloads are completed but some are not in /Applications but show up in Launchpad as icons. I tried to re-download "Install OS X Lion" app for 10.7.2 from that app store but it was not in my /Applications folder but is available in Launchpad as icon. How do I access "Install OS X Lion" app through Launchpad?

Thanks,
Sword7

Ok, folks:

I now discovered that I made backups of app downloads into my data folder (different partition). When I tried re-downloaded "Install Mac OSX Lion", I can't find it in my /Applications folder but now found it in my data folder! I am figuring why App store decided to download updates into my data folder instead of /Applications folder that I made backups to.

I started 'Install Mac OSX Lion' in Launchpad and opened terminal. I entered 'ps -ax' and was able located that process with full path name.

Why do App store download updates into somewhere where I made backups to? How do I force App store to download them into /Applications folder?

Thanks,
Sword7

To fix your issue, delete all the other copies of the installer from your HD. Then move the last remaining copy back to "/Applications".

I had this same problem a couple of times, and this fixed it for me. Once, the insane app-store was even updating the installer after I'd thrown it in the Trash, so you should make sure to empty that as well.

Hope that helps...

-Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back