Graphics
Intel UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello folks,

I purchased and downloaded some apps from Mac App store. Downloads are completed but some are not in /Applications but show up in Launchpad as icons. I tried to re-download "Install OS X Lion" app for 10.7.2 from that app store but it was not in my /Applications folder but is available in Launchpad as icon. How do I access "Install OS X Lion" app through Launchpad?

Thanks,
Sword7

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 7
CPU
Intel Core i7-8700K
Graphics
Intel UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Ok, folks:

I now discovered that I made backups of app downloads into my data folder (different partition). When I tried re-downloaded "Install Mac OSX Lion", I can't find it in my /Applications folder but now found it in my data folder! I am figuring why App store decided to download updates into my data folder instead of /Applications folder that I made backups to.

I started 'Install Mac OSX Lion' in Launchpad and opened terminal. I entered 'ps -ax' and was able located that process with full path name.

Why do App store download updates into somewhere where I made backups to? How do I force App store to download them into /Applications folder?

Thanks,
Sword7

Motherboard
2011 macmini
CPU
Core i3
Graphics
Nvidia
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
To fix your issue, delete all the other copies of the installer from your HD. Then move the last remaining copy back to "/Applications".

I had this same problem a couple of times, and this fixed it for me. Once, the insane app-store was even updating the installer after I'd thrown it in the Trash, so you should make sure to empty that as well.

Hope that helps...

-Greg