Graphics
Readon RX 6600
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
My Specs:

Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-P
CPU: i5-8600K
Lan Driver: Realtek 8111H

I'm able to successfully build a system with this specs & everything is working except app store/iCloud login. Its shows error like this:

The ethernet is working and showing "en0" in system report. Also I'm using Mac definition 17,1 in SMBIOS. I suspect the proper macaddress for LAN isn't found.

I tried some of the followings which I found in this forum:

1> Go into SysPrefs->Network and remove all interfaces, Apply, then remove /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist. & Reboot.
2> UseMacAddr0/UseMacAddr1 & even generated 12 hexadecimal digits in Rt Variables.

Any help will be appreciated.

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.7 KB · Views: 213
My Specs:

Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-P
CPU: i5-8600K
Lan Driver: Realtek 8111H

I'm able to successfully build a system with this specs & everything is working except app store/iCloud login. Its shows error like this:

View attachment 385562

The ethernet is working and showing "en0" in system report. Also I'm using Mac definition 17,1 in SMBIOS. I suspect the proper macaddress for LAN isn't found.

I tried some of the followings which I found in this forum:

1> Go into SysPrefs->Network and remove all interfaces, Apply, then remove /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist. & Reboot.
2> UseMacAddr0/UseMacAddr1 & even generated 12 hexadecimal digits in Rt Variables.

Any help will be appreciated.

Hi there.

Hmm, the config.plist looks okay until the SMBIOS section. Did you remove all the UUIDs and Serial numbers for the sake of privacy etc? If so that's fine, but if there are none yet that might be what is causing the problem. You need to have all fields populated - pretty much as in the iMessage guide. :thumbup:

:)

Hi there.

Hmm, the config.plist looks okay until the SMBIOS section. Did you remove all the UUIDs and Serial numbers for the sake of privacy etc? If so that's fine, but if there are none yet that might be what is causing the problem. You need to have all fields populated - pretty much as in the iMessage guide. :thumbup:

Yes...for the sake of privacy. Previously, I populated every field in smbios and even i copied the board no to MLB in Rt Variables. I will follow the iMessage guide and try again. Thanks.

Update: I tried to follow iMessage guide like

Open a Finder window and click on your User Name then in a blank area right click and select
Show View Options and from the resulting window select Show Library Folder.

Open the newly revealed Library folder and select Caches
From the Caches folder delete all files and folders beginning with :

• com.apple.iCloudHelper
  • com.apple.imfoundation.IMRemoteURLConnectionAgent
  • com.apple.Message
In Finder navigate to Username/Library/Preferences and delete all files and folders beginning with
  • com.apple.iChat.
  • com.apple.icloud.
  • com.apple.ids.service
  • com.apple.imagent.
  • com.apple.imessage.
  • com.apple.imservice.
Empty the Trash and Restart.

You must have a working Ethernet connection which is defined as BuiltIn and en0.
An easy way to determine this is with the DPCIManager app.

It is important that your system should have support for NVRAM. If your system does not have native support for NVRAM then you should emulate it by the installation of EmuVariableUefi-64 and RC Scripts with the Clover installer. This seems to particularly apply to those with Gigabyte 100/200/300 series motherboards but others are similarly afflicted.

In this case I have both AptioMemoryFix-64.efi & EmuVariableUefi-64.efi. If I delete EmuVariableUefi-64 then I face restart & shut down problem.

Also I suspect that the right SMBIOS is not chosen. Currently I'm using 17,1 which removes all problems like sleep/wake, graphics glitch but failed to login in app store. Previously I tried Macmini8,1 & iMac 18,1/18,2 but it causes issue sleep/wake.

Any suggestions @UtterDisbelief ?

I had exactly the same problem, I couldn't log in to the App Store. However iCloud Login from System Preferences worked without any problem. App Store kept re-asking me for my password and I typed it in a few times until I got an error saying that my apple ID is blocked. Went to iforgot.apple.com to reset my password. I used my Hackintosh as a confirmation method instead of my iPhone. Then suddenly I could log in to the App Store and download my purchased apps. So maybe a simple password reset helps with this kind of problem?

Well I don't think the System Definition on its own would necessarily cause the log in failure, however I recommend iMac14,2 however see below.

You'll need EmuVariableUefi for your Nvidia GPU. All looks good.

Another trick is to drill into the Preferences folder and remove the System Preferences-network plist, then reboot. As the guide says Ethernet should be at "en0" .

As @wurstpeter says be wary of too many attempts as this can result in lock-outs. A good idea is to turn off the Internet while making changes. Altering the SysDef for example also changes your serial number which can be the reason etc.

You'll need EmuVariableUefi for your Nvidia GPU. All looks good.

I don't have any nvidia gpu but if I remove EmuVariableUefi and click on restart button it gets stuck.

Another trick is to drill into the Preferences folder and remove the System Preferences-network plist, then reboot. As the guide says Ethernet should be at "en0" .

I already deleted it which was stacked with other sysdefs. But no result.

Altering the SysDef for example also changes your serial number which can be the reason etc.

Is there any other plists file which should be removed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back