NVidia 650Ti Boost
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Problems with AMD Radeon HD 5750 after 10.8.3 update

Upgraded to 10.8.3 via software update. I can only get a desktop by changing to graphics enabler no. With graphics enabler yes I can see the desktop via Logmein however not in my monitor, just get the spinning wheel.

I previously used kext wizard to install the hd5750 kexts but this isn't working this time. Tried installing to extra and system library.

Anyone have any ideas? Should I somehow roll back an update another way?

I have also problems with my Sapphire HD5750 1GB!

It was working fine under 10.8.2 - after the upgrade I only have 5 MB :banghead:
HD5750.jpg
Neither the old kext (AMDRadeonAccelerator and ATI5000Controller) from 10.8.2 nor the new ones (with the 0x68be1002 patch) are solving the problem.

Any suggestions how to fix this?

thx
Gerhard

I have same problem,

i have ati 5750 video card.. I use it 10.8.2 as goodly.. but 10.8.3 update it dosent run.. it just run 1024x728 resulation.

any idea?

Yes or No Dosent matter ..dont run. We need new kexts

Yes or No Dosent matter ..dont run. We need new kexts

The reason I ask is that if you have no choice of resolutions it sounds like you have graphics enabler no which means your kext isn't installing. If you change it to yes and it works this could help the rest of us.

The reason I ask is that if you have no choice of resolutions it sounds like you have graphics enabler no which means your kext isn't installing. If you change it to yes and it works this could help the rest of us.

i downloaded two kext copy and pasted extension folder. after i run kext utulity and then run Ati 5750 card on 10.8.2

but 10.8.3 no work. i install again two kext and kext utulity run on 10.8.3. But no work.

Why this problem occured ? what must i do?

here is the solution..
Install combo Update and change device id on the new kext AMDRadeonAccelerator and ATI5000Controller
dont replace them with the old modify kext.
works perfect on HD5750

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back