Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi!
These are my system specs:
Asus Z97-K
4590K without OC
Gigabyte Gtx 970 G1 Gaming
8 GB of RAM
After finally succeeding in installing the latest version of Yosemite I installed the appropriate drivers from multibeast and upon restarting my system using boot flag -v I get this IMG_20150719_143546.jpg
Then I tried to boot using boot flag -v -x and I got this
IMG_20150719_143953.jpg
Then I tried booting with boot flag -x -v GraphicsEnabler=No nv_disable=1 nvda_drv=1 and I finally got to the log in screen and after logging in I'm stuck at this.
IMG_20150719_145055.jpg
Lastly I tried -v GraphicsEnabler=No nv_disable=1 nvda_drv=1 and finally managed to land on the desktop.
Another problem that I had was that everything was LAGGY, but after launching beamoff.app from this thread everything was buttery smooth.
And after a few minutes I got this
IMG_20150719_145957.jpg
And the system froze...
I would appreciate if anyone who has a similar system or someone who isn't a noob like me can tell me their recommendation.

Hi!
These are my system specs:
Asus Z97-K
4590K without OC
Gigabyte Gtx 970 G1 Gaming
8 GB of RAM

Update hardware details in your profile.

See the forum rules

Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

After finally succeeding in installing the latest version of Yosemite I installed the appropriate drivers from multibeast and upon restarting my system using boot flag -v I get this View attachment 144408
Then I tried to boot using boot flag -v -x and I got this
View attachment 144409
Then I tried booting with boot flag -x -v GraphicsEnabler=No nv_disable=1 nvda_drv=1 and I finally got to the log in screen and after logging in I'm stuck at this.
View attachment 144410
Lastly I tried -x GraphicsEnabler=No nv_disable=1 nvda_drv=1and finally managed to land on the desktop.
Another problem that I had was that everything was LAGGY, but after launching beamoff.app from this thread everything was buttery smooth.
And after a few minutes I got this
View attachment 144411
And the system froze...
Will try to get the system to boot back up and update the thread ASAP. Until them I would appreciate if anyone who has a similar system can tell me what they did to get theirs up and running.

Why you are using nv_disable=1 and nvda_drv=1 simultaneously???

Untill installing web driver, use "dart=0 nv_disable=1 -f -v -no-zp" for booting.

For GTX 970, NVIDIA Web Drivers required.

Install it from Here : http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...ate-graphics-drivers-10-10-4-346-01-03-a.html

Note:- The lag which you are facing now is may because of no QE/CI, install web driver and check.

Thanks for your help! Managed to boot and install nvidia Web drivers, made sure that it was ticked and when I tried to boot back up I got this
IMG_20150719_155057_1.jpg
Also I don't know if this is a problem on my side but my monitor is 1440*900 and I'm using a dvi adapter to VGA. I know that this GPU is not meant for such a low resolution display but I will upgrade to 1440p soon.

Thanks for your help! Managed to boot and install nvidia Web drivers, made sure that it was ticked and when I tried to boot back up I got this
View attachment 144412
Also I don't know if this is a problem on my side but my monitor is 1440*900 and I'm using a dvi adapter to VGA. I know that this GPU is not meant for such a low resolution display but I will upgrade to 1440p soon.

Which version of MultiBeast you had ran???

You are not using the required bootflags. I can see only -v, which is not sufficient for a successful bootup.

As you have already installed web driver, try booting with "dart=0 kext-dev-mode=1 nvda_drv=1 -f -v"

Note:-Apple devices are not using VGA on their devices, so there no native support included on the Yosemite. Better use DVI-DVI or HDMI-HDMI cable.

I used Multibeast Yosemite 7.4.0, the latest version.
Tried the boot flags you gave me and after using them 3 times it worked. The other times I just had black screen.
Now my video card is recognized and also my monitor resolution. Also the system is running smooth. Internet also works.
The only thing that doesn't is audio. I would be really thankful if you can also help me whit this problem. My chipset is Realtek ABC887. Selected this
Screen Shot 2015-07-19 at 9.37.59 AM.jpg
and audio stil doesn't work. When I go in System Preferences > Sound > Output there is nothing listed.
Lastly, do I need to write that boot flag every time I boot?
Also I've noticed that in the Nvidia Driver Preferences it changed back to OS X Default Driver, even though in about this mac my GPU is recognized.

I used Multibeast Yosemite 7.4.0, the latest version.
Tried the boot flags you gave me and after using them 3 times it worked. The other times I just had black screen.

Those flags are required for booting.

Now my video card is recognized and also my monitor resolution. Also the system is running smooth. Internet also works.
The only thing that doesn't is audio. I would be really thankful if you can also help me whit this problem. My chipset is Realtek ABC887. Selected this
and audio stil doesn't work. When I go in System Preferences > Sound > Output there is nothing listed.

Have you installed Layout ID:1 from MultiBeast?? If Not install it and check the sound.

Lastly, do I need to write that boot flag every time I boot?

No. Just add the flags to org.chameleon.boot.plist file (Will be present under /Extra folder of your OS X/MultiBeast installed partition) as shown below,

<key>Kernel Flags<key>
<string>kext-dev-mode=1 dart=0 nvda_drv=1</string>

<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>No</string>

Save the file and reboot. Then check booting without typing any flags manually.

Also I've noticed that in the Nvidia Driver Preferences it changed back to OS X Default Driver, even though in about this mac my GPU is recognized.

Choose the Web Driver and check after rebooting.

I've installed driver that you told me
(this one, right?)
IMG_20150719_174649.jpg
And changed the nvidia driver preferences to the Web one.
Then I rebooted and first time I got this (making sure I put in the boot flag, haven't put them yet in the plist file from the extra folder)
IMG_20150719_173529.jpg
Next 3 times I've got black screen (stil with all the boot flags)
Finally got to the desktop but still no audio, but nvidia Web driver is ticked. Also now Internet doesn't work. My ethernet chipset on my mobo is Realtek 8111GR. I think that might be because in Multibeast I only went on the driver tab and selected the option in the picture.

I've installed driver that you told me
(this one, right?)
View attachment 144422
And changed the nvidia driver preferences to the Web one.
Then I rebooted and first time I got this (making sure I put in the boot flag, haven't put them yet in the plist file from the extra folder)
View attachment 144423

Deadbeef error. You have to use flag "-no-zp"

Next 3 times I've got black screen (stil with all the boot flags)
Finally got to the desktop but still no audio, but nvidia Web driver is ticked. Also now Internet doesn't work. My ethernet chipset on my mobo is Realtek 8111GR. I think that might be because in Multibeast I only went on the driver tab and selected the option in the picture.

You make the changes on org.chameleon.boot.plist file and check sound after reboot.

Install Ethernet kext/driver once again and check.

Did all of that and after 5 reboots in which i got black screen I landed on the desktop. Internet works now, but sound still doesn't and it also changed back to OS X Default Graphics Driver.
Screen Shot 2015-07-19 at 6.45.51 PM.png

Did all of that and after 5 reboots in which i got black screen I landed on the desktop. Internet works now, but sound still doesn't and it also changed back to OS X Default Graphics Driver.
View attachment 144431

You made another entry for Kernel Flags and UseKernalCache (Means there is two set of these entries are there on this file.)

Delete the extra added entries and make the changes on already present entries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back