Contribute
Register

Problem getting internet on 10.7.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mrcrispi said:
iPod touches sometimes have difficulty on the second floor but their overall slow up here. I'm on a HP G60-530US Notebook and the internet is perfect for me. very fast. (& im on the second floor) :eek:

If i could get ethernet to work i'd use that in a heartbeat but i can't for some reason :|
Even if i do get it to work, having the option to use wifi (and know it works) is nice lol :lol:

Well, if the router is major upgrade from the one in the basement then by all means purchase one. If not, you can buy router relays I believe to boost your signal.

Well arn't i stupid.

took a closer look at your profile jester and realized we have the same mobo and cpu. So i then looked at your signature to see you used lnx2mac's program to get ethernet working.
SO i deleted every ethernet kext i installed, and redid lnx2mac's program. this time, paying better attention.

I actually read the instructions and saw that after you installed, and rebooted, you had to goto system prefrences and set it up. *FACEPALM*

Ethernet now successfully works. I'll still setup wifi just for bragging purposes XD

Thanks Jester.

LESSON LEARNED: READ ALL DIRECTIONS.

Mrcrispi said:
Well arn't i stupid.

took a closer look at your profile jester and realized we have the same mobo and cpu. So i then looked at your signature to see you used lnx2mac's program to get ethernet working.
SO i deleted every ethernet kext i installed, and redid lnx2mac's program. this time, paying better attention.

I actually read the instructions and saw that after you installed, and rebooted, you had to goto system prefrences and set it up. *FACEPALM*

Ethernet now successfully works. I'll still setup wifi just for bragging purposes XD

Thanks Jester.

LESSON LEARNED: READ ALL DIRECTIONS.

Just a cool head and a look over after a few days clears up the thought process.

I have the D3H-B3 but close. I am glad to have assisted you. :thumbup:

Enjoy your hack even more!

:headbang:

Now it's time to do a user confirmed post i suppose!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back