EVGA 01G-P3-1302-LR
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys,
I upgraded from 10.6.8 to 10.7.2 to get my graphics card working ( it works! Thanks guys!)

But of course, i had a problem with only audio and internet. multibeast fixed audio no problem. BUT i can't seem to get multibeast to get my internet to work?

I have a ga-z68-ud3h-b3 with f10 bios. i used user dsdt. i tried Realtek Gigabit Ethernet 2... option in multibeast, but still no internet. So i navigated to the kext that installed and manually deleted it. THEN i tried Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL81x... and still no change..

Help! i'm not sure where to go from here.. when i was on 10.6.8 internet worked fine -no problems. Even at installation. I have the internet cable going right into the i/o on the motherboard.

Any suggestions as to where i should go with this situation?
ALL ideas are welcome! I'm up for trying anything.

THanks guys!! :)

hey i've already hit that blog and asked the question to them. He saw it but didn't give me an answer :rolleyes:

I found this thread here
viewtopic.php?f=168&t=32306

Looked at the FAQ part, and clicked on that link to lnx2mac's website, and tried versions 90 and 67 (look at the download links, you'll see what i mean)

Both give me no result. :thumbdown:

Is there some sort of Kext database where i can find and try out another kext?

Thanks for all the help so far :)

hey,
sorry ive been away. midterms are coming up lol

I have tried that link, which has everything i already tried. :think:
Can someone tell me where lnx2mac's program installs the kext so i can just manually remove that, and where the realtek one is installed (from multibeast) so i can remove that one too and reinstall the realtek one?

if nothing works i think i'm going to make my own wifi card with the pci-e adapter... thanks for the suggestions guys :rolleyes:

Delete them out of the System/Library/Extensions folder.

The Realtek8xx.kext is what it is named I believe.

I apologize for delay I was on a two week vacation without any internet or tv! :p

I have to ease in slowly back into this wintry mix in NY. :cry:

Mrcrispi said:
Hey, thankks jester!

I was able to find and delete Realtek81xx.kext :)

I live in NY, also. Out on the island. Finally got snow yesterday, must suck to be back and welcomed with an actual winter LOL :lol:

I ordered these two items off ebay, check them out for me?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/mini-PCI-E-PCI- ... 093wt_1270

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MacBook-802-11n ... 500wt_1287

I think everything will work out fine :)

Thanks everyone! :D

You ordered them already?

Yeah, the adapter is 3V and mini card is Apple broadcom so it should work fine.

Yeah i did order them. But the adaoter was from china and the store was on vacation for like a month or something so i ordered a different one, but it's still a 3v or 5v adapter so i should be all set.

I was also thinking about putting a wireless router in my room also, i live on the second floor and the wireless router we have in in the basement.. think i could benefit from buying a better router and keeping it on the second floor? :think:

Mrcrispi said:
Yeah i did order them. But the adaoter was from china and the store was on vacation for like a month or something so i ordered a different one, but it's still a 3v or 5v adapter so i should be all set.

I was also thinking about putting a wireless router in my room also, i live on the second floor and the wireless router we have in in the basement.. think i could benefit from buying a better router and keeping it on the second floor? :think:

Does your other wireless devices have trouble loading web content slow or fast?

It would seem you benefit greatly wired but since you are buying a wireless device that is not the case.

iPod touches sometimes have difficulty on the second floor but their overall slow up here. I'm on a HP G60-530US Notebook and the internet is perfect for me. very fast. (& im on the second floor) :eek:

If i could get ethernet to work i'd use that in a heartbeat but i can't for some reason :|
Even if i do get it to work, having the option to use wifi (and know it works) is nice lol :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back