Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Problem getting graphics acceleration to work in Intel HD 520 Graphics on Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell Inspiron 15 5567
CPU
i3-6006U
Graphics
HD 520 (1920 x 1080)
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi. I installed Mojave a few days, and for quite some time, I've been having a lot of trouble getting graphics acceleration to work on my system. I've read and followed the laptop clover guide and the whatevergreen frame buffer patching guides to the best of my abilities, but I still can't get into my system without using the invalid ig-platform-id (0x12345678). I haven't installed clover on my boot drive yet, because I'll be installing Windows as well, and I don't have any spare drive atm. Therefore, I've attached the problem report files, as well as the EFI partition of my installation drive.

Screenshot 2019-01-15 at 1.37.50 AM.png

Attachments

• debug_17168.zip
    701.2 KB · Views: 96
  • EFI.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 135
Really sorry, I seem to have posted in the "Buying Advice" section instead of "Mojave Laptop Support"

Last edited:
Reallu sorry, I seem to have posted in the buying advice section instead of "Mojave Laptop Support"
best to upload problem reporting files when you decide to install clover to your machine

best to upload problem reporting files when you decide to install clover to your machine
Installed Clover to boot drive, as asked. Attaching new problem report...

Attachments

• debug_31670.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 84
I understand that I need to place my non-essential kexts into /S/L/E. I have 6 kexts in my kexts/Other folder - FakeSMC, Lilu, RealtekRTL8111, USBInjectAll, VoodooPS2Controller and WhateverGreen. Of these six, I believe that RealtekRTL8111 and USBInjectAll are the only non-essentials. Is that correct? Do I remove the non-essentials from the kexts/Others folder, or do I copy-paste them into SLE and rebuild kextcache?

I understand that I need to place my non-essential kexts into /S/L/E. I have 6 kexts in my kexts/Other folder - FakeSMC, Lilu, RealtekRTL8111, USBInjectAll, VoodooPS2Controller and WhateverGreen. Of these six, I believe that RealtekRTL8111 and USBInjectAll are the only non-essentials. Is that correct? Do I remove the non-essentials from the kexts/Others folder, or do I copy-paste them into SLE and rebuild kextcache?
you didn't read the links i gave you properly, you do not copy and paste kexts to /Library/Extensions

all the 3rd party kexts belong to /Library/Extensions

RealtekRTL8111 and USBInjectAll are essential kexts

all the kexts you mentioned are essential kexts

you didn't read the links i gave you properly, you do not copy and paste kexts to /Library/Extensions

all the 3rd party kexts belong to /Library/Extensions

RealtekRTL8111 and USBInjectAll are essential kexts

all the kexts you mentioned are essential kexts
Copied all kexts in the kexts/Other folder to /L/E using KextBeast.
Rebuild kextcache using KextUtility.
Rebooted.

Encountered kernel panic. Attaching problem report files.

Attachments

• debug_1197.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Copied all kexts in the kexts/Other folder to /L/E using KextBeast.
Rebuild kextcache using KextUtility.
Rebooted.

Encountered kernel panic. Attaching problem report files.
look into dvmt pre allocated
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

also an issue with your kexts:
Code:
kxld[as.vit9696.WhateverGreen]: The following symbols are unresolved for this kext:
kxld[as.vit9696.WhateverGreen]:     KernelPatcher::eraseCoverageInstPrefix(unsigned long long, unsigned long)
Link failed (error code 5).
Prelink failed for as.vit9696.WhateverGreen; omitting from prelinked kernel.

make sure it is the latest version, remove and re-install WhateverGreen

look into dvmt pre allocated
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

also an issue with your kexts:
Code:
kxld[as.vit9696.WhateverGreen]: The following symbols are unresolved for this kext:
kxld[as.vit9696.WhateverGreen]:     KernelPatcher::eraseCoverageInstPrefix(unsigned long long, unsigned long)
Link failed (error code 5).
Prelink failed for as.vit9696.WhateverGreen; omitting from prelinked kernel.

make sure it is the latest version, remove and re-install WhateverGreen
Solved the WhateverGreen kextcache error by deleting the installed kext from /L/E and downloading the kext from tonymacx86's kext repository. Problem persists with 1.2.6 and 1.2.5 versions of the Github releases.

Tried to fix the DVMT issue by uncommenting the keys in `Root>Devices>Properties>PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x02,0)` (Can be cross-referenced from the config520.plist (RehabMan's original config for Intel HD 520) file to see what changes were made). No kernel panics at boot but the screen goes dark (no backlight either) when the Apple logo should appear during verbose mode boot. Computer needs to be hard reset and booted using invalid ig-platform-id to actually login.

Attachments

• debug_6743.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 113
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back