Contribute
Register

Problem enabeling sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never use sleep but, but I forgot to turn it off so it just shut my pc down and restarted after I clicked on the mouse

lovemac said:
I never use sleep but, but I forgot to turn it off so it just shut my pc down and restarted after I clicked on the mouse

Sorry, but in what way is that of any help to me??

niclasc said:
Is sleep working OK for everyone with the P55M-UD2 motherboard? Mine still feezes the second time I try to wake the computer from sleep.

Has it got something to do with my graphics card?

I answered it didnt work for me ;-)

Yepp, you're right. Sorry :shifty:

Mine is still nok working after deleting almost every kexts in /extra/extensions.

Display go off, but pc still runs with the fans, it doesnt turn of. The only thing that has changed is it doesnt reboot.

I take it you installed the latest BIOS and DSDT for that BIOS (I'm fairly sure you have) and then edited the DSDT for your specific graphics card? As that's all I've done so...
The new DSDT seemed to fix my problem anyhow.

I havent edited the dsdt for the graphics card 8400gs. I don´t know how to do this and dont have the dsdt program either.

I thought it just worked out of the box when it showed the correct infos in the about menu. :D

OK, I have now updated my BIOS to F8 and added a new DSDT.aml file form Tonys Multibeast. I can now wake from sleep 2 times. But the third time I try to wake the computer the keyboard an mouse dont work. I can see that the mouse has power. I have tried to move to another USB slot when its looked but then there is no power. I have to power off using the powerbutton.

I still havent added any info about my graphicscard to DSDT.aml because I dont know how to do that.

How can I get sleep working??

niclasc said:
OK, I have now updated my BIOS to F8 and added a new DSDT.aml file form Tonys Multibeast. I can now wake from sleep 2 times. But the third time I try to wake the computer the keyboard an mouse dont work. I can see that the mouse has power. I have tried to move to another USB slot when its looked but then there is no power. I have to power off using the powerbutton.

I still havent added any info about my graphicscard to DSDT.aml because I dont know how to do that.

How can I get sleep working??

Just tested 10 sleep/wakes with multiple apps open- no issues here. I really don't know what the problem could be. :?: o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back