I7
Graphics
EMBEDDED
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone!

This is my first post, I feel very grateful to this community.. you are awesome!!!

I'm trying to get my first Hackintosh in an HP Elitedesk 800 G2, but I'm stuck in "STEP 2: Create a Bootable USB Drive with UniBeast" from the tutorial. The main reason is that I'm using a Macbook Pro from my company and it has some security policies so I can't disable System Integrity Protection (SIP) because I don't know the admin password.. but mi user is a local admin and can't change the password for the main admin user who is necessary to log in when you restart in recovery mode.

Do you mind give me any clue to create a bootable USB using an alternative way?

Thanks a lot!

Hi everyone!

This is my first post, I feel very grateful to this community.. you are awesome!!!

I'm trying to get my first Hackintosh in an HP Elitedesk 800 G2, but I'm stuck in "STEP 2: Create a Bootable USB Drive with UniBeast" from the tutorial. The main reason is that I'm using a Macbook Pro from my company and it has some security policies so I can't disable System Integrity Protection (SIP) because I don't know the admin password.. but mi user is a local admin and can't change the password for the main admin user who is necessary to log in when you restart in recovery mode.

Do you mind give me any clue to create a bootable USB using an alternative way?

Thanks a lot!

Hi there.

Sadly you will always need a password to format a USB stick or run an installer.

If your privileges do allow you to run Disk Util and Terminal, try the beta guide but change the name of the macOS installer file to match yours:

Thanks @UtterDisbelief for your help.

I've tried to follow the steps but when I'm installing Clover (v2.5k r5102) in my MBPro I received the following error:

"Cannot install without ensuring the file system is read-write"

I run with my admin user and know that this error could be solved typing "csrutil disable" in Terminal but .. do you have another idea?

Thanks a lot!

Thanks @UtterDisbelief for your help.

I've tried to follow the steps but when I'm installing Clover (v2.5k r5102) in my MBPro I received the following error:

"Cannot install without ensuring the file system is read-write"

I run with my admin user and know that this error could be solved typing "csrutil disable" in Terminal but .. do you have another idea?

Thanks a lot!

Please note: You do not need to install Clover on your MacBook Pro - that might cause serious damage.

If you mean your privileges do not allow the UniBeast app to create the USB installer, then I do not know of a way around that. You do not want to compromise your MacBook Pro especially as it is a company one.

So.. what have to do with Clover? These are the steps for "How to Create a macOS Catalina Public Beta Installation USB".. and I stuck in #14 because I can't reach the option of "target"

STEP 2: Prepare Bootable USB Drive
This step extracts the Installer contents, then installs Clover bootloader to the USB stick.

1. Insert the USB drive
2. Open /Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility
3. Highlight the USB drive in left column
4. Click on the Partition tab
5. Click Current and choose 1 Partition
6. Click Options...
7. Choose GUID Partition Table
8. Under Name: type USB (You can rename it later)
9. Under Format: choose Mac OS Extended (Journaled)
10. Click Apply then Partition
11. Open /Applications/Utilities/Terminal
12. Type the following, enter password and hit enter. This command completely erases the USB, then creates native installer media from the Install macOS Catalina Beta Application.
13. Download the most recent standalone Clover installer from the download section.
14. Install UEFI or Legacy Clover version using the USB (Install macOS Catalina Beta) as the target.
15. Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/ and replace config.plist with example config.plist (attached below)
16. Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ and add FakeSMC.kext
17. (Optional) Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ and add your ethernet kext
18. (Optional) Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ and add NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

So.. what have to do with Clover? These are the steps for "How to Create a macOS Catalina Public Beta Installation USB".. and I stuck in #14 because I can't reach the option of "target"

STEP 2: Prepare Bootable USB Drive
This step extracts the Installer contents, then installs Clover bootloader to the USB stick.

1. Insert the USB drive
2. Open /Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility
3. Highlight the USB drive in left column
4. Click on the Partition tab
5. Click Current and choose 1 Partition
6. Click Options...
7. Choose GUID Partition Table
8. Under Name: type USB (You can rename it later)
9. Under Format: choose Mac OS Extended (Journaled)
10. Click Apply then Partition
11. Open /Applications/Utilities/Terminal
12. Type the following, enter password and hit enter. This command completely erases the USB, then creates native installer media from the Install macOS Catalina Beta Application.
13. Download the most recent standalone Clover installer from the download section.
14. Install UEFI or Legacy Clover version using the USB (Install macOS Catalina Beta) as the target.
15. Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/ and replace config.plist with example config.plist (attached below)
16. Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ and add FakeSMC.kext
17. (Optional) Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ and add your ethernet kext
18. (Optional) Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ and add NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

I understand the process for creating a bootable USB installer stick.

If you do not have write privileges for the USB stick because you are using a MacBook from work, I can't help you with that.

Sorry.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back