Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING
CPU
I Core I-9
Graphics
Sapphire RX 580 Pulse 8GB
Hi, I am trying to create my bootable drive on my mid 2012 Macbook Pro. I formatted my 16gb flash drive, and I tried downloading Catalina through the app store but it only downloaded the small, partial file, and when I went to run UniBeast, it didn't work. I tried some workarounds that didn't work including this guide, but those didn't work either. I was finally able to download the 8.24 GB file to my app folder by using Dosdude1's downloader which can be found here:

But, when I go to create my bootable drive, UniBeast still gives me the error: "There was an error creating your Unibeast drive: Couldn't create USB installer"

Is this just a problem with my 2012 Macbook? Any help would be incredible.

I have a 2012 Macbook Pro and created a Catalina USB just yesterday. You sure its not a corrupted macOS installer? I prefer doing vanilla USBs as instructed by Apple: Apple Bootable USB

From there once the USB drive is mounted, I install Clover on ESP.

Hi, I am trying to create my bootable drive on my mid 2012 Macbook Pro. I formatted my 16gb flash drive, and I tried downloading Catalina through the app store but it only downloaded the small, partial file, and when I went to run UniBeast, it didn't work.
Here's the way to download Catalina and make the installer the way we suggest.

Make sure to delete all other macOS install apps previously downloaded and empty the trash first if you want to run Unibeast to make the install USB. Have just this Catalina installer app in Applications.

I have a 2012 Macbook Pro and created a Catalina USB just yesterday. You sure its not a corrupted macOS installer? I prefer doing vanilla USBs as instructed by Apple: Apple Bootable USB

From there once the USB drive is mounted, I install Clover on ESP.
Thanks for the info!

Here's the way to download Catalina and make the installer the way we suggest.

Make sure to delete all other macOS install apps previously downloaded and empty the trash first if you want to run Unibeast to make the install USB. Have just this Catalina installer app in Applications.

I used this tutorial: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/gibmacos-tutorial-how-to-download-macos-catalina.295248/

... and downloaded Catalina. It's still not working. Think it's the drive?

I think I was having trouble with my mac's Disk Utility. I was able to get it to work on another mac. Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back