Contribute
Register

Problem booting Yosemite on hackintosh!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
May I suggest you to go back to the step before you disconnected your TPlink Wirelss PCIE adapter & Firewire adapter.

The "long wait" as shown in your posted boot screen image is known to occur with TPLink PCIE Wirelss adapter. If you wait a few more minutes or take a "coffee break" and come back it might eventually go to the log-in screen. This is not a fatal error or fatal freeze; I have seen this. I suggest you 'wait it out' without making any hardware changes at this juncture.

Reinsert the removed hardware and reboot and wait out for 30-40 minutes before trying anything else as you are near your finish line!.

What is the use of connecting all those cards and waiting 30-40 Mins. If he is doing it also the booting will stuck in the same phase of booting after 30-40 Mins as now the issue with USB.

I have the same configuration/problem, how did you managed?

I have the same configuration/problem, how did you managed?

See the forum rules
Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Also explain your issue, if required add photos too.

Hi,
I am working with an Hackintosh Yosemite 10.10.4 built on LGA 1366 X8DAH + mac ati 5770.
I have a Gainward GeForce GTX 580 3072MB “Phantom” on slot 6, and it is working in OS X, with latest nvidia drivers.
BUT I cannot get to BOOT with only the GTX 580.
It seems like a boot problem related to the video card or something about its ACPI…

I have tried many boot flags, but I had no luck?
Can anyone help me?

Attachments

• IMG_2769.JPG
    IMG_2769.JPG
    472.5 KB · Views: 104
Hi,
I am working with an Hackintosh Yosemite 10.10.4 built on LGA 1366 X8DAH + mac ati 5770.
I have a Gainward GeForce GTX 580 3072MB “Phantom” on slot 6, and it is working in OS X, with latest nvidia drivers.
BUT I cannot get to BOOT with only the GTX 580.
It seems like a boot problem related to the video card or something about its ACPI…

I have tried many boot flags, but I had no luck?
Can anyone help me?

Cannot see any other problem other than graphics relates. If the booting stuck here means it is most probably graphics related.

Ensure that the VT-D is disabled on BIOS or use the flag "dart=0"

Also try booting without caches (-f)

Which connection is using for monitor?? VGA not supported on Yosemite, use DVI-DVI or HDMI-HDMI cable.

Why you are using cpus=1 flag?? It will make the OS X to use only one core.

Cpus=1 was just a try...

since I am in the server room, I am using a vga monitor, connected trough dvi adapter, and with the ati it works...

Vt-d is also disabled in bios.

I forgot to tell you that i also tried with quadro 4000 for mac, quadro 6000, gtx570 zotac...
same result... Only ati 5770 works in booting...

Cpus=1 was just a try...

since I am in the server room, I am using a vga monitor, connected trough dvi adapter, and with the ati it works...

Apple does not using VGA on their devices so there is no support on the operating system too.

Use digital output ports (DVI/HDMI) without converters and check the booting.

Try just using dvi on both, graphics AND monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back