Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
First attempt at installing Sierra using this hardware:

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P
Intel i3 6100
HD530 Graphics

Failed at first hurdle.

When booting from USB I get boot0af: error

I have used Unibeast 7.1.1 in UEFI boot mode and set the bios to recommended settings.

Using USB 2.0 port

Hard Drive set to AHCI mode.

Any ideas appreciated.

Managed to get installer working, I was formatting the USB incorrectly.
Hi, how do you fix it? i have the same problem but can't figure out the solution. how didi you format your usb or do you use a different usb drive?

How did you format the drive instead? I have the same exact problem...

How did you format the drive instead? I have the same exact problem...

Try holding delete key at startup and go into bios settings.
XHCI enable, EHCI enable, and also look for boot overide or boot priority option to boot from PMAP.

Hello, when I try to boot using the USB and Unibeast, I got the boot0af: error message, my board is a Gigabyte Z390 gaming. I follow the recommended BIOS setting and I still have the same issue. Some weird, on the Mac I can see the USB stick mounted on my desktop (Install macOS Mojave), but I cannot see the EFI Partition mounted, even if the files are on the USB. Please help.

Hello, when I try to boot using the USB and Unibeast, I got the boot0af: error message, my board is a Gigabyte Z390 gaming. I follow the recommended BIOS setting and I still have the same issue. Some weird, on the Mac I can see the USB stick mounted on my desktop (Install macOS Mojave), but I cannot see the EFI Partition mounted, even if the files are on the USB. Please help.

Try different USB ports on the back of system case or motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back