Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Problem booting from USB boot0af: error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for your help. I did but I still have the same error message: boot0af: error. My GPU card is a Sapphire Radeon Nitro + RX 590, not sure if it can be part of the problem. This is my first build, some I am a beginner.

Thank you for your help. I did but I still have the same error message: boot0af: error. My GPU card is a Sapphire Radeon Nitro + RX 590, not sure if it can be part of the problem. This is my first build, some I am a beginner.

In Bios can you see the USB it should be labeled as PMAP? look for UEFIPmap and select it for boot priority or boot overide option.

Yes, I can see the USB. I see: Lexar USB Flash Drive 1100. I also selected UEFI in the Storage Boot Option control. I still have the same issue :(

Finally I found it. I needed to format the USB using the following scheme: GUID Partition Map. Thank you for your help.

Thanks, ylaliberte, that tip with the GUID Partition Map saved my day !

I'm doing my installation from a Mojave VM. I had to delete the partition on my usb stick entirely in my windows machine, plug it into my Mojave, and only then I got the option for a GUID partition scheme. If I plugged it in pre-partitioned from a win10 machine, I only got to choose filesystem. Hope this saves somebody some time. Was investigating the same error and got here. Thanks guys .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back