hi guys, I need your help.

my pc:
asus rampage iv formula
i73820
amd 5850 + 5970
16gbs corsair
ssd 120 gbs for windows
ssd 120 gbs for mac

The problem is that after installing the bootloader I realize that the only changes detected to choose the start the windows and the mac does not detect it and I can not select it unless you insert the flash drive and boot from it.

the problem is I do not detect the hard drive that is formatted in guid.
is the bios settings?
or I have to install lion with mbr partition?

I like it detects the hard drive the bios? guid that for me not detected.

thanks

Can you boot into Lion if you disconnect the Win drive? Did you install the bootloader on the Win or Lion disk? What guide did you follow when installing?

GUID MacOSextended(Journaled) should work fine, there is some other detail that needs attention.

SnapMan said:
Can you boot into Lion if you disconnect the Win drive? Did you install the bootloader on the Win or Lion disk? What guide did you follow when installing?

GUID MacOSextended(Journaled) should work fine, there is some other detail that needs attention.

-I made a pendrive with UniBeast 1.2.
-Installa lion, a guid partition in a corsair sata ssd 120gbs 3.
-boot from flash drive and go into lion.
- Run latest version of multibest and install kexts and upgrade to 10.7.3 lion
- Everything seems fine, full graphics work, sound works, and usb2 usb3 works, off and reset works, sleep not tested.(5970 not work)
- i7 cpu detected as 3.6 and detects the 16 gbs of ram
- No install DSDT, do not install easybest.

I extracted the DSDT, I gave many repair automatic with dsdt editor and repair errors, then try to fix what was not but I think I did well, somebody help me with the DSDT also?

lion with one disk not recognized by the bios but only within the bios to be able to start it, if it goes on the list but does not appear in the bios to be able to boot on it.

pressing f8 and selecting the boot, does not appears.

bios is prepared for not support boot disk formatted in Mac systems? If formatting the HDD in NTFS format if it appears.

is strange, no?

Well if you didn't use a DSDT or run EasyBeast, then did you run UserDSDT without a DSDT? If not, how did FakeSMC and Chimera get installed? And it is not going to work without them.

SnapMan said:
Well if you didn't use a DSDT or run EasyBeast, then did you run UserDSDT without a DSDT? If not, how did FakeSMC and Chimera get installed? And it is not going to work without them.

install lion with the usb, boot lion with usb (bootloader flash drive), install audio kexts, network, sound, fakesmc, evoreboot, elliotrtc , not dsdt install , no easybest install.
the issue is that the BIOS does not recognize for the boot disk formatted in guid, but if it is recognized after startup, is normal?

prepare the bios for unable to be changes to select the hard drive of a mac???

I Have use iboot or usb boot for bootloader my disk of lion ????

I'll get some pictures , thanks

You have to use rBoot not iBoot for Lion.

I believe that you need to have Chimera and FakeSMC.kext installed at a minimum and from what I have read most folks using older processors end up using EasyBeast in order to get a number of basic features to work. The newer boards with DSDTs patch this via the DSDT instead of the EasyBeast kexts.

SnapMan said:
You have to use rBoot not iBoot for Lion.

I believe that you need to have Chimera and FakeSMC.kext installed at a minimum and from what I have read most folks using older processors end up using EasyBeast in order to get a number of basic features to work. The newer boards with DSDTs patch this via the DSDT instead of the EasyBeast kexts.

the problem is the bios will not let me boot from the mac hard drive, does not appear in the list to select it and do not know why?

I can only select NTFS formatted hard drives on mac will not.

after starting the pc if it detects the hard drive but as it is selected in the bios and boot chimera does not jump, but I can choose the USB flash drive that has really chimera also installed and from there select my mac disk and I do start, I have no solution, and not in the bios that will not let me select the Mac disk .... any idea??

Just looked up that mobo and it appears to have two different SATA controllers, I would suggest trying a different port and see if that makes any difference. To run OSX you generally need GUID MacOSextended(Journaled) and the mobo should allow that.

You might want to make sure that there is only one AHCI switch in the BIOS, some BIOS make you select it in two places....thinking it is the Asus BIOS that do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back